• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frigen my pc....need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have some pictures I could show, but my website has been down for the past month. I actually posted some pics in a different thread, but they're gone now. I'll try to get some new hosting in the next few days for ya.

You know you've all been waiting for this... Pictures!

fridge1.jpg

fridge2.jpg

fridge3.jpg

Yep. Kinda ghetto. Oh well. :D

Thanks to Bigdogbmx for hosting the pics.

Temps are about 35C processor (The SLK800A is unlapped and very rough. If I lapped it they would probably drop some more.) and about 20C system. Not too bad.

What is the fridge temp switch set at if its at the lowest temp you may take a look at the back of the fridge and find the switch box and jumper out the temp switch. This will make the fridge compressor run all the time

It's just a mini fridge. It can't dissipate heat well enough to get really low temps, but I'm pretty happy with this. The fridge already runs all the time.

Now you need to add phase Chang direct dye to the CPU. This will need to be separate loop in this way you get a better over clock. Your case temp will be lower with out CPU adding its heat to it.
Just a though

I the fridge frost free if is you will not have big frost problem what happens in a frost free fridge is that a heater comes on and melts the ice on coils and puts it in tube to a drains this could help

those temps don't sound frigde worthy but hey, it is definatly better than my temps...surprised you can't get that any colder, the mini fridge i own can freeze a can of vanilla coke to explode point...but hey, all fridges are different right?

This fridge I've got can also freeze stuff, but the constant heat output of a computer is a bit too much for a smaller fridge to freeze to that point.

CamH have you givin this a though
lclark2074 said:
Now you need to add phase Chang direct dye to the CPU. This will need to be separate loop in this way you get a better over clock. Your case temp will be lower with out CPU adding its heat to it.
Just a though

that would take a whole lot more work that just putting the computer in a fridge. i want to attempt a project like that someday though. get a double wide case. computer on the left. phase change cooling on the right. that would be a pretty neat setup. but i have a long way to go before i can do that.

lclark2074 said:
CamH have you givin this a though

Yes, I've given that a thought and I plan on building a direct die phase change unit when I move into my new house. I'm living in an apartment right now and I have no place to work on something like that.

guetto but I like it, nice work, and yeah minifrezeer are not design to keep cooling something that produces heat, but great job, any condesation?

Back