• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok so this is my first look at supercooling and iv been looking arround what happens with the frost that forms on the chip/arround the chipand on the gpu and the card? what about short outs

1pict00911tw3.jpg

1pict0093pq7.jpg

pict0091ts1.jpg

pict0095gs4.jpg

I didn't think to take any when I was benching the other night, just right before and right after :bang head:

I will next time though, and it may be with LN2 instead of Dice :thup:

That would be awesome, but then I would have to try to OC and bench everything in sight including the microwave and my roommate (we already throw dice at him) :santa:

I spilled LN2 on the floor about a month and a half ago, and it got all over my foot...looked exactly like that dude's hand. :-/ I was walking with a heavy limp for 3 weeks, it's mostly healed now...almost.

Ahh trust me its not really a big deal. The blisters look gross but they don't hurt till you apply any sort of pressure. The swelling went away in about two weeks, but it still looks nasty.

I'm benching again in about a week, just in time to mess myself up more. :D

Pic might be OT but it might as well serve as a good lesson to anyone getting into this, I guess. Sadly enough, I think I'm going to be as reckless as ever anyways. :p

Back