• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here I found the pic of the error'ed out LCD=

failing.JPG

leachim said:
has any one ever considered licking one of those?

You ever see what happened in Christmas Story? :eek: Oh yeah, here's mine....I figured since I dont have the 775 socket kit yet, I might as well make some frosty pics.....
2uotf80.jpg

Well, I've been browsing the forums, and I came across this "frosty" thread.
Really guys, I have one word that can not even possible express my astonishment at what I have seen and read (but it will have to do for now, cause there isn't another English word in the dictionary that can do much better):

w0w

First off, I can't understand how you can use these cooling systems that produce the condensation/frost in conjunction with electronic hardware. I always thought moisture of any kind is like absolutely forbidden to be around anything electrical. I guess I was mistaken...

Second, all of you are insane. lolz

And thirdly
, all of you are insane. lmao

Well, I am in shock, I am amazed, I am perplexed...
This type of stuff goes way beyond my realm of understanding or knowledge. I am very impressed though that people actually take things this far. It shows that people are ingeniously creative and crafty. Kudos to you all for this enlightening thread. It appears I'm going to learn a lot around here, more so than I bargained for. My interest is growing larger by the thread... :beer:

foreverFLASH]First off, I can't understand how you can use these cooling systems that produce the condensation/frost in conjunction with electronic hardware. I always thought moisture of any kind is like absolutely forbidden to be around anything electrical. I guess I was mistaken...
Yes, it certainly is. Moisture that is...if your H2O is in the solid state, you're all right. ;) The key is making sure everything stays well cold enough so that the frost doesn't turn to water. Usually you only get a matter of minutes of uptime before this starts to happen.

However, its very rare to actually attempt to run like that. Most of these pics are either of phase change units not actually hooked up to any hardware, or if they are, taken with all the hardware off.

The pic in my avatar for instance is nothing more than a frosted over CPU (thanks again Maxi ;) ) stuck to a container. Definitely not part of a running system, heh. Usually while running you'd insulate everything up tightly so as to have no condensation whatsoever.

Competition on max frost? Bring it on ;)
Evap/HX temperature is -50C unloaded in that shot.

And yeah, insanity comes with the trade :)

Should have taken a pic last night, I had some good stuff going on.

Hey Flash, I wonder what you'll be doing 6 mo. from now LOL

Back