• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heh, that's just an illumination effect combined with the golden pins...Nothing special to thaw, that's actually very little water, just a rather large volume.

I must say I've never met a crazier bunch of people, my hat goes off to you braniac's, which gave me and the missus an idea.

Why don't you lot approach the TV companies and make like a ScrapHeap challenge, where you get 24 hours to scavenge the P.C. graveyard and build the best overclocked and fastest benchmarking P.C.

I'm sure one of the lesser channels would pic it up, there has gotta be a few people interested in you freaks at work.

I know I am, you guys are mental - keep up the great job and the great photo's.

YOU ROCK

FOr the previous post. YOU ROCK HARD BRO. ive never done phase change or peltier, but i did run 12 fans on 2 psu's. and jacked my 1.8 to 2.3 on fan cooling, which im kinda smiley about :).

THanks for your support, its people like you that make us not feel so shatty when we fry stuff from going to far

Here is a couple of Dry Ice frosty pictures.

0796073-R1-018-7A.jpg

0796073-R1-020-8A.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, Wow, arent any of you guys afraid this stuff might melt from a raise in temperature on your CPU or in any case, damage any of your components?

maddog39 said:
LOL, Wow, arent any of you guys afraid this stuff might melt from a raise in temperature on your CPU or in any case, damage any of your components?

no

This "stuff" is water. The water in the air condensates on the cold parts and frezzes if they are cold enough. If you insulate everything then there is no contact with the air and hence no condensation.

These pics are just for fun taken while not actually running anything, you can poar water all over your computer as long as it is not on, then dry it off and it will work just fine. Although the pictures with the dry ice pot the computer is probbably on but if you look closer there is no frost on the actual motherboard just on the pot.

Actually I washed my motherboard in a dishwasher, its just fine. Just have to make sure to turn the heating cycle off or it will melt lol.

Pf.Farnsworth said:
Actually I washed my motherboard in a dishwasher, its just fine. Just have to make sure to turn the heating cycle off or it will melt lol.

Man, thats [H]ardcore!!

Back