• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
plus i get sub-zero temps just using fans and heatsinks, I have so many fans in my computer my room is a couple degrees cooler .. :)

Fans move air from one side of the fan to the other side of the fan. They can't make your room cooler unless you have the intake fans outside your window and the exhaust inside - with you being in canada, maybe this time of year you could get subzero temps and your room certainly would be cooler. :)

i know there's a variety of forums but nobody is helping me OC on the other forums
Did you download cpuz and post pics of it like Trents asked in your other thread? Trents really helped me alot with figuring out AMD, he knows his stuffs. However I have forgotten most of it because I have been playing with intel as of late.

Did you download cpuz and post pics of it like Trents asked in your other thread? Trents really helped me alot with figuring out AMD, he knows his stuffs. However I have forgotten most of it because I have been playing with intel as of late.

I overclocked it myself with no help so far i got it from 2.8 to 3187 mhz dual core

how much did it cost you ?

:welcome: to the forums, which poster are you referring to?

And are you speaking of the cost of the LN2+Dewar+Evaporator (pot?)

If so, LN2 can have a wide variety of costs (depends on location and how nice the people who are filling it are) - between $0.80 to over $4.00 per liter
Dewars can be found for between $100-$300+ depending on size (most people stick with 30-50L)
Pots have a wide range in costs as well generally between $150-$300+ if you buy it brand new. I bought mine for $100 (used) from a member here.

the freezing machine :) , well you see i have 2 vgas gtx 590s this means 4 gpus and the cpu plus the mobo mosfet north bridge and south bridge , i wanted to start water cooling them but after seeing what you've done , this means there is another better way to overclock in freezy ways such as this or in peltier style i've been going round and round in researched still didn't get my needs only found a way freezing the cpu nor the gpus nor the MOBO so is there a way to freeze ur whole unit ? , one more thing i have ek watercooling system 2 rads 360's 1 xt one xtx , one pump that comes with the supreme hf 360 kit and one loop which is quite small for the cpu alone are they enough to water cool the 4 gpus the cpu and the mobo , keep in mind that the pump is not laing so it's slow i guess , any thoughts and solutions ? :) thanks in return

You are better off with watercooling for 24/7 use.

What we do here is pretty much like drag racing, where we only set this up for a few hours of use as we have to keep an eye on the temperatures (constantly pouring more liquid nitrogen or adding dry ice). A peltier wouldn't be a very good solution either (for you) as you would still have to absorb the wattage that is created by the GPU(s) and it would take a huge watercooling system in order to do that. Beyond the need to keep everything insulated and watch for condensation at the same time.

There really isn't a way to freeze the entire unit unless you just popped it into a commercial freezer, but then again you have condensation issues to worry about.

I feel like its been to long since anyones put up any good frosty pics, so i am here to fix that. Heres some pictures of my first cold ram session, Brought you by ghetto pots international.

Armaflex, Vasoline, and tin foil, dont bother me i am freezing stuff :D

At the start of the run, fresh tinfoil slathered in vasoline onto of the ram heatsinks. You can see it pooled in the foil.
ram_pre_run.jpg

jiggy_coldram_1.jpg

Ram_post_run3.jpg

ram_post_run2.jpg

ram_post_run.jpg

nice!

I assume your board has been confotmaled (for the lack of insulation). Does it worry you the amount of frost buildup on your power cable?

Yeah all my llano stuff is conformaled, Its just so much easier to work with setup wise. Frost tends to creep so much anyways on the platform that it either that or insulate the entire board.

yeah it helped a ton, cas 8 @ 2800+, if the imc on the chip was stronger i should of been able to do 3000 @ cas 8, it was stupidly amazing watching these chips scale under the cold, as i tightened up the timings and continued to push the speed up.

BTW i keep forgetting to mention this for all you F1ee users, i find that the Thumb screws off the Koolance Kv2 are easier to use on vinces pots, dont have to keep track of the little plastic bushings, and if you ever have to replace your set due to lost parts, they are 6$ , 7$ shipped i think for new springs and nutz.

Back