• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The thumbscrews are the one part of the Koolance pots that are bar none the best extreme cooling bit out there.
They're fantastic.

Blah all of this makes me so sad that I dont have a dewar... BAH!! black hole is literally about an hour drive from my house... Matheson trigas sells ln2 for about $1 and is only a 20 min drive the other direction...

BAH!!!

Anyways @TJ love your ghetto ln2 adventures man. Icecream cantainers, aluminum foil. I love it! Actualy foil is not a half bad idea for alot of weird spots.

Sigh atleast in 3 weeks or so Ill get a chance to drop some DICE on my old 955.

I got the tinfoil idea from the guys at xtremesystems, its just they dont coat it with vasoline as a bonding agent, and they use dice instead of ln2.

Moar frost!

Sempron 145 running full pot, MSI Lightning 5870 running full pot...

frosty1.jpg

frosty2.jpg

frosty3.jpg

This made me thankful for the full vaseline coverage on the board - the fan was chucking out chunks of ice across the work bench and any which direction. :)

Ya, its a pain because my pipe insulation is too thick, so its hard to get it on the extension within the springs/rods. Also, the piece I have cut for it is a bit too tall, which means I can't turn it upside down and let it sit on the top of the extension to thaw - its frozen stiff by the time I'm done and I can't get the insulation off until its warmed up either.

Nice work there IMOG, I thought my fan was getting frosty during our session, that is a whole 'nuther level!

Nice pics general. That is a solid oc as well. I like overclocking the sempy I have, just feels fairly predictable. What board?

Last edited:
I'll give you ONE guess only =D

Copy2of2011racesgarden070.jpg

(ASROCK N68C-S UCC)

And Thanks :)

BTW I ran out of voltage, I went straight to the mobo's max of 1.6.

I could post with much higher clocks, but never load the OS, someone told me to use an OC program while the OS is already loaded instead of using the bios. I'll do that next run.

This CPU goes up to 3.6 on it's stock cooler. I kept it at 100% for two months without so much as a restart, really good chip.

With this sempron, I was using AMD overdrive to take the clocks up in windows. I could post at 14x370, so i would go up from there. Setfsb would be a good option as well, but for that you need to select the correct clock generator. I couldnt find one that worked on the ud4p, so I used AOD.

Back