• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

frustration=not overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

I was so frustrated with my messed up unlocking kit that i started to scrap the little connectors on the L1 bridge. The connectors no longer look gold, but silverish. Can i still overclock with the proper defogging paint or silver lacquer?

The processor should be be good, unlocking it is another story. Should still work IMO. Only way to find out is to try.
G/L.

Yes, only way to find out is to try.

When you go to unlock w/ the defogger repair paint, carefully scrutinize your gaps - you already tried unlocking with a kit, and maybe they're still filled, but to be safe I would use tape to mask off the bridges again, and run a line of superglue down the unmasked middle over the pits to fill them right. After about 30 seconds, pull the tape off.

If you do that, let it dry for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.

Then mask off each bridge individually and paint them 1 at a time. Let the defogger paint set for about 10 seconds, then pull the tape. Let it dry for maybe 2 minutes for each bridge, it doesn't take long. Then you can tape over the painted bridges to mask off unpainted ones.

HAHAHA

hahaha, i totally screwed up my processor. I haven't purchased the defogger it yet, but i did apply superglue to the valley. What happened is that when i was remove the glue to make a flat surface i accidentally started scraping off some of the processor's dark green layer. What i found is a series of what looks like copper wiring. I'm not sure if it will overclock. Since i screwed this up so bad i might buy an xp1700 tbred b and give my damaged cpu to my bother.

What kind of cpu is it? If it works at all, it will probably overclock just about the same, since you've either cut some traces or not, but haven't damaged the core.

Back