• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's is going to rape you on Launch Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Como said:
most retailors do this... i work at circuit city and when the ps2 was launched no one could buy it outside of our 'package' and the xbox was the same way.

I've seen the package deals, but NEVER over 2-3 games, they are called bundles, a little different than what this "rumor" is saying. Again, this will not happen, unless Fry's is trying to go out of business.

A buddy of mine, who is a member here and works at BB told me that BB will have the PS3 for $600 in limited quantities of >5 units.

Fr3@k3r said:
20gb ps3s in numbers of 5 and 60gb ps3s in numbers of 20 according to a BB rep from a local store... those are the average per store that carries them on launch day.

umm... that seems unlikely.

there are about 1000 best buys in north america (including canada). at 25 units a piece thats almost 20% of all the ps3's coming to america. that seems like alot. concidering that wal mart, k-mart, frys, gamestop, eb, etc are all getting ps3's as well. i think they are more likely to get about 10 total a piece.

NOThelagak said:
umm... that seems unlikely.

there are about 1000 best buys in north america (including canada). at 25 units a piece thats almost 20% of all the ps3's coming to america. that seems like alot. concidering that wal mart, k-mart, frys, gamestop, eb, etc are all getting ps3's as well. i think they are more likely to get about 10 total a piece.

Well theres a few getting 100, then the rest are probably limited to 8 maybe 12.

According to Walmart's website, they are going to have a minimum of 10 per store. With the reported release numbers, I'ld be surprised if anyone got many more than that, considering the vast number of stores to spread them among. That is, unless some store chains are going to get the complete shaft in the deal.

Looks like Gamestop, Toys-R-Us and Walmart have started the same thing. **** all of them I am NOT paying $700 for a $250 console.

Back