• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Full Metal Jacket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added grommets to cover up holes. Probably not necessary but, but inspector general probably will find em if not dressed up.

000_0164[1].jpg

Looking sharp Pvt. I really like the fender guards. It's a nice touch. It reminds me of a lot of the different meters I needed while I was in. O-scopes and such.

Latest updates

Some latest updates, sry been away,but got back on FMJ. Had area in case i wanted to cover up and mount some temp gauges. The area in the front back shown here.

000_0166.JPG

Took a back cover from an old pc case.

000_0165.JPG

Measured and cut.

000_0169.JPG

Done.

000_0170.JPG

Instruments fit !

000_0171.JPG

Mounted cover to case , used thumb screws to hold in place.

000_0168.JPG

Poor ol Zotac has sagging problem. As can be seen in this next pic.

000_0172.JPG

So decided to build bracket to hold ol Zotac's butt up. Built bracket out of more ol pc case parts.

000_0173.JPG

Zotac can now have his butt up in proper place.

000_0175.JPG

Bracket can be removed, held in place with thumb screws. Next paint !

Pieces with first coat of paint. They match the color pretty close but couldn`t match texture of case paint.

000_0176.JPG

Doesnt look like a match in picture but close enough for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting on some more fittings for the water cooling and stencil for the window. Hopefully get her or him done soon.

So now.... when do you cut some empty 5.56 rounds in half and weld um together on the case like they are belt fed into it to run wires or something....

Cosmic Justice :salute: . Started some cable management. What a pane:confused:

000_0178.JPG

Still have some painting to do and waiting on some stencils. Doing system flush at the moment. We had 5 inches of rain yesterday and last night. Looks like it will be clearing off this weekend mabey finish painting , first of week, gota order a few more stencils but waiting for a preliminary stencil for the fan control to see if it small enough. The end is in sight. :rofl:

Last edited:
GOT SOME STENCILS

Finally got some stencils:clap:, the main ones actually. I had ordered one from Military Stencils.com but it was to long to fit within the window space of 12 inches. Made some changes and re ordered , but got email from Les at Military Stencils.
Finally decided to call and talk to Les, good move. Was ordering oil board stencils, found out they are in set pattern on spacing . Les fingered it out though ,suggested to use a mask stencil, hes more abler to change lettering and such with that type. "Get her done Pvt" II Gunney.

Heres pic of stencils i got. They stick on and 1 time use:eek:

000_0181.JPG

Measured and masked off the window side:eek:

000_0183.JPG

Used Krylon spray paint for plastic hope it works.:eek:

000_0185.JPG

One lil bobo.

Next the back side. Masked off.

000_0182.JPG

There`s ur dinner. :salute:

000_0184.JPG

A few more stencils to go and wire management project then the finish line . Got one stencil for the fan controller panel "FAN CONTROL" 1/4 inch size almost to big but think it will work:screwy:

Last edited:
Ordered some 1/4 lettering to identify each knob on the fan controller, hope there is enough room under each knob for lettering to fit. The "FAN CONTROL" logo has enough room above the knobs.

The guy at Military Stencils was Rick Larsen, not Les ,dont know where that name came from :screwy:

Last edited:
Window and Side door, mounted

Heres what the window and opposite side look like mounted. Still waiting on stencils for fan controller.

000_0186.JPG

000_0187.JPG

Still waiting on fan controller stencils, and gonna add led strip at bottom of case for window side , kinda dark down there. Also gotta order two more fans and 4 way splitter fan cable, need more air :eek: , gonna put fans for pull on front radiator.

Thats it for now.

Looking really good Wulf!

Tnx Baylock ur so kind, this mod is nothing great compared to some of the other ones on this site. I have learned a lot about my abilities or should say lack off:shock: and lack of resources that some of these guys have access too. Learned enough to write a "Beginner`s Guide" about some tips on modding:screwy:. Got my final stencils for the fan controller but the humidity is to high to paint here now. Suppose to clear out this weekend:clap:

Don't sell your self short Wulf. It looks awesone.

You have to remember alot of the project logs that come through are sponsored professionals. They get some or all of their parts pro-Bono and just need to advertise them. Some day I'd like to get into that racket but it takes a ton of time and dedication which I can offer at the moment.

Still you're doing a fine job. Have you seen my military theme build?

Last edited:
Don't sell your self short Wulf. It looks awesone.

You have to remember alot of the project logs that come through are sponsored professionals. They get some or all of their parts pro-Bono and just need to advertise them. Some day I'd like to get into that racket but it takes a ton of time and dedication which I can offer at the moment.

Still you're doing a fine job. Have you seen my military theme build?

Looks good, cable management hard with that kind of PSU. How did u strip case for painting? I tried to be perfectionist long ago but finally gave that up . Built super tower build some time back,was proud of it until i really looked at it afterwards,piece of crap lol. This build was my OCD taking over, wait until u see the final pictures lol.

Last edited:
Heres what the window and opposite side look like mounted. Still waiting on stencils for fan controller.

View attachment 176958

View attachment 176959

Still waiting on fan controller stencils, and gonna add led strip at bottom of case for window side , kinda dark down there. Also gotta order two more fans and 4 way splitter fan cable, need more air :eek: , gonna put fans for pull on front radiator.

Thats it for now.

Very nicely done Wulf! :thup:

Back