• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fuzion + 1366 mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

i went to finally start some oc and found my temps to be idle at 50 / load 80. sure enough my heatsink (dtek v1 w/ 1366 bracket ) wasnt touching the cpu since there was barely any paste on it. i try to press it down and it just isnt able to sit on the cpu. i have yet to take out the board to check better, but im guessing the hex bolts are getting in the way since they stick out farther then the base and hit the large metal cpu bracket. just wondering if this is a known problem or am i being a retard.:bang head .. maybe butting a thin piece of copper in between would be the fix / what about foil like a laptop often has... or ill just go for the gtz because im worried id have a similar problem with the v2

Last edited:
From the way you describe it I'm not sure what your problem is, but I've had the V2 on my i7 and it did make contact.
What I can tell you is that unfortunately the V2 just doesn't work near as well as the GTZ or the EK supreme when it comes to Socket 1366. The i7's IHS is nice and flat, and so is the base of the V2, so you think it would do a better job at making contact and cooling. But the intentionally bowed surfaces of the GTZ and the EK Supreme actually do a much better job. The 1366 bracket for my V2 was a waste of money I'm sorry to say.

And of the GTZ and the EK supreme, I have to lean towards the GTZ simply because the 1366 kit for the GTZ comes with a back plate and for some reason the kit for the supreme doesn't. Pretty sad really since the supreme actually offered me slightly better temperatures when I had it rigged up.

Last edited:
I've having the same problem. Fuzion V1 with the Pro mount.

The screws come to an abrupt halt and I'm guess they are contacting the MB tray.
The bracket arm still have plenty of space and are not touching the motherboard.

When I remove the block the paste seems to be thicker than what I'm use too.

50C idle and 90C load with all default bios settings.

ya there is a stop that supposed to be on the screws so you dont overtighten. im not sure if thats getting in the way. in this photo (the v2) you can see the bolts on the corners. on my v1 it looks like they stick past the copper just enough to contact the cpu latch before the cpu touches the actual block http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-65556269779593_2049_46246195. i emailed dtek to get any recommendations

i got a response from dtek. first time ive been thrilled by them in a while.

"I will need to send you new screws. You are using a FuZion v1 correct? Just let me know your address and I will take care of it for you.

Thanks,

Daniel Salandra

D-TEK Performance Liquid Cooling
"

suprising i dont see any offerings or mentions on their website about screws. you would think they would be included in the 1366 upgrade package:confused:

Same response I got.

I went ahead and ordered a Heatkiller because it took too long for the reply.
They were quick but not quick enough.

Too bad they didn't include screws in the kit....

Yea, think he's a bit behind in the supply chain.

By chance did you add you will be cooling an i7 and are there any issues? If ya did and the screws were not shipped, bad on the order processor.

They are a decent company, maybe the retail internet seller should put a bit for ordering for i7 so they ship a diff bag of screws?

Last edited:
I ordered from Pertas, but the kit comes on a D-Tek box.

You have to remove the HS screws anyway to mount the new bracket but they don't provide new ones. It looks like you need lower head as to not interfere with the CPU/hold down so this is a goof on D-Tek for not providing them.

Forgot to add even with the bad contact and 90C load my 920 DO passed 500 passes on linX with 1.35V @ 4Ghz. I de OCed it for now until the Heat killer arrives.

Back