• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-4100 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wolcan93

Hey guys,i'm new on this forum :) so i hope someone can help me
So my question would be:
What do you think can i overclock fx-4100 to 4,3ghz with hyper 212 evo ?my mobo is sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and my gpu is sapphire hd7850 OC and my psu is lc power lc6600 v2.2,so what do you think is it possible ?thanks in advance

AMD is not stable when oc past 4.3 ghz
I am not a AMD guy but i have found some video on youtube, hope it help

the guy know what he doing but don't know how to make a good video so don't fall asleep :)

Last edited:
AMD is not stable when oc past 4.3 ghz

I am not a AMD guy

Your statement about NOT being an AMD guy seems appropriate after you post AMD is not stable beyond 4.3Ghz and link Youtube as your source.

Maybe it would be better to let an AMD guy help an AMD user. Pretty sure "keny" is an AMD guy and benches for OCF. Thanks.
RGone...

Chill man,the reason that i say AMD is not stable when oc past 4.3ghz is because i have chat with one of the Maximum PC magazine editor some time ago and he tell me the same thing.

thank you very much for the answears,i really appreciate it :D and i have another question,so when i will OC it to 4.3 ghz ,i will have raise also the voltage,right?do you maybe know how much?thanks in advance

thank you very much for the answears,i really appreciate it :D and i have another question,so when i will OC it to 4.3 ghz ,i will have raise also the voltage,right?do you maybe know how much?thanks in advance

Nobody knows for sure how much voltage you're 4100 is going to take to reach a set speed ! Every CPU has its own limits, and finding them is part of the enjoyment (or not if its a donkey of a CPU) of overclocking, and if I were to say a value of vcore, and you're CPU did not make the speed at that vcore, that would make me look bad and you're CPU look bad also.

Yes, you will probably need to raise the voltage. Different motherboards and cpus differ a great deal but the principal usually always remains the same. Read different posts on what others have done and what they ran into overclocking. That's what helped me the most. Everything is trial and error. If you hit a roadblock, everyone here is very helpfull.

Below is the link to what I recently went though overclocking mine. Although it's a different cpu and motherboard as stated earlier the principal is the same. I am running stable at 4.7 but I am watercooled now. Now that I am here, it's now time to do some more testing and benchmarking to see if that is going to net me the best performance. The top speed isn't always everything.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724330

Chill man,the reason that i say AMD is not stable when oc past 4.3ghz is because i have chat with one of the Maximum PC magazine editor some time ago and he tell me the same thing.

Let me have a chat with him. I had mine stable under load for 8 hours @4.6 and 2 hours @4.8 (never failed, I just ended the stress test). :D

Last edited:
Back