• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-60 at the EGG,,,, Get one before they're all gone!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Accidentally double posted? lol

Remember to post results, and if you spent $1100 on a CPU, you better have the same amount to spend on cooling, lol.

wow who the hell would buy one... just grab an X2 4400 and oc it..... for 1/3 the price.... but damn talk bout braggin rights.... (future talk .... oh ya i have a FX 60 with dual gpu 7800 gtx 1 gig (512x2) in sli BIOTCH!!!) lol man that would be some money.

thats alot of $$$.

i wonder if a m2 cpu at half the price will beat this chip in performance?

EdLSmith said:
The FX-60 is $1138 free 2 day fedex at ZZF. Just ordered mine.

939 pin, Dual core Toledo. Married an X2. Hope it's better than my Manchester.

Just ordered??? Well tell us how high you can get it up to once you get it! :D

I don’t think there is much point of buying these chips when much cheaper dual optis will reach the same speeds. I guess non-ocers with money to burn will buy em up though..

Cool.... BTW ya other CPU's might OC to this speed for a fraction of the cost, but its about getting a CPU that will go much further. Most hit around 2.6Ghz a little more 2.7, slight few get 2.8-2.9Ghz.

I can see someone buying it but its just too rich for my blood to buy it :)

I have my X2 4800+ clocked in at over 2.64 Ghz right now, barely touching the Vcore and on air cooling to boot. Can I call my processor an FX-61? Spend your money on the same chip, the 4800 and OC it to FX-60 specs on air cooling and stock vcore. Save yourself $600 to $700... Better yet, buy an X2 3800+ or Opty Dual Core and overclock it to 4800+ 2.4 Ghz and save yourself $1200..

Dom <---- This is coming from a man who put down crazy coin on an X2 4800+ ($780) :bang head

The same argument is made time and time again,

"BUTZ IFZ I OVERCLOX TEH ODTHER CPU'Z ILL HIT TEH STOX SPEED OR HIGHER"
Not pointing fingers or mocking here, but I hit FX-55 speeds on my 3500+ but the FX-55 will own me if its overclocked. With other chips this may be that l33t speak above might be the true, but with it being the FX line I'm willing to say it'll clock VERY high. I mean aside from the FX line what other AMD proc has broken 3.5ghz (maybe a REALLY good opty here or there, but that's very rare, so rare that if you're counting on that you're pretty misled).

My point; if you want extreme clocks the FX is the only way to go, no way around it. However I would not reccomend this to the average consumer, this chips is defnitely for hardcore enthusiasts willing to drop a few dimes on phase/ln2/other extreme cooling.

PhoenixOfChaos said:
The same argument is made time and time again,

"BUTZ IFZ I OVERCLOX TEH ODTHER CPU'Z ILL HIT TEH STOX SPEED OR HIGHER"
Not pointing fingers or mocking here, but I hit FX-55 speeds on my 3500+ but the FX-55 will own me if its overclocked. With other chips this may be that l33t speak above might be the true, but with it being the FX line I'm willing to say it'll clock VERY high. I mean aside from the FX line what other AMD proc has broken 3.5ghz (maybe a REALLY good opty here or there, but that's very rare, so rare that if you're counting on that you're pretty misled).

My point; if you want extreme clocks the FX is the only way to go, no way around it. However I would not reccomend this to the average consumer, this chips is defnitely for hardcore enthusiasts willing to drop a few dimes on phase/ln2/other extreme cooling.

Indeed you are correct with the FX line. However, the old FX line that you are talking about (FX-55. FX-57) is a single core processor. The new FX-60 processor is completely a Dual Core X2 Processor from the same exact product line of the 3800+ to the 4800+. Theoretically you could call this FX-60 processor an X2 5000+ Thats why I made my argument. I mean, take a look at the FX-60 box, it is completely based on the X2 product line:

19-103-608-02.JPG

Now, if you want extreme single core performance you are right. FX-57 all the way! Its money well spent.

P.S. You are also right, I fully except you mocking and pointing fingers about my lame "overclocking a lower processor" argument that has been used over and over again. I was just a little excited and ****ed off about the price gauging going on with this FX-60 processor. Especially the fact that it is based off of the exact same X2 product line.
Dom

Last edited:
Did anyone else see this?

It says 128kb+128kb L1 Cache! That's new isnt that! Normally it's 64kb+64kb!!!!!!!!

jcw122 said:
Did anyone else see this?

It says 128kb+128kb L1 Cache! That's new isnt that! Normally it's 64kb+64kb!!!!!!!!

If thats true then this is an x2 5600++, jk... BTW- My rant is off... lol

Dom

from what I read at anandtech, the cpu doesn't oc very much, they got 2.814 out of it (on air) at 1.5V, but I bet with better cooling (water/ln2/dice/phase/etc) you might be able to squeeze 3.0 out of it, which would outperform the FX-57 (at stock) in probably alll gaming tests as well.

sigh... I have had a faster cpu than this for like over a year...

Complete waiste of money!

Back