• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6100 3.3Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ladygeek

I'm running an AMD FX 6100 at 3.3Ghz. I never really thought there was a problem with the chip, but now I'm starting to wonder if there is.

I have an issue where it takes over 20 tries to get my computer to post. I thought this was a motherboard issue, but Asus flashed the bios and sent it back with no fault found. The board is a M5A97 and I'm only running 4Gb of DDR3 RAM in it at the moment due to the other piece having went bad. I replaced the power supply and graphics card and that doesn't appear to be the issue. I'm still not getting it to post after all other components are disconnected. When it finally does decide to post, it usually gives me an error saying overclocking has failed. I've never pushed my chip to overclock it, so I'm a bit confused.

Does this sound like there is something wrong with the processor?

my Sabortooth motherboard automatically OC'ed my processor to 4.7Ghz wit out me doing anything. it was unstable so I put everything back to stock and it ran like a dream.

ladygeek, have you tried resetting the bios to all stock with the CMOS jumper?

Have you tried entirely different memory? If the one stick was bad how do you know the other one isn't as well? Do you get any beeping noises? Beep patterns can be a clue to what the problem is.

Could you give us a rundown on your system components? Make, models, speeds, wattage of components such as CPU cooler, memory, video card, PSU?

Last edited:
Back