• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 6300 oc question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The area for cables is rather small by my calculations, 212x would fit just barely. Rear panel can be removed same as front one, only issue I am having with this case are HDD bays they are rather small and there are only 2 of them while there are 4 for SSD. I can fit 2 more fans in it on the top of the case if they are needed. All in all its decent case for 35$
Just ordered Gigabyte GA-990X-Gaming SLI it will be here in few days it was 110$ I hope it wont disappoint me

Last edited:
Fans in the top of the case to extract warmed air coming off the CPU cooler would be good.

Yea I thought the same thing. And setup always would be if one intake at least 2 outtake, or if 2 intake 3 outtake. have I got that right? In other words always more outtake than intake. My rear fan is close to cpu heatsink I think that also helps more than if its further away

Yea I thought the same thing. And setup always would be if one intake at least 2 outtake, or if 2 intake 3 outtake. have I got that right? In other words always more outtake than intake. My rear fan is close to cpu heatsink I think that also helps more than if its further away

That is the way I would do it. If you have more exhaust than you have intake it's called "negative case pressure" and if more intake than exhaust you get "positive case pressure." I think negative pressure creates the best air flow through the case but it also brings in more dust which is why a lot of people opt for positive pressure. I have an air compressor that makes it easy for me to blow out the dust from my system so I always go with negative pressure.

Far as I learned negative brings better temperatures then positive. Dust filters and air cans will get rid of dust :)

EDIT: I asked guys from the store and yea 212/x can fit in they have regular 212 with led and the x variant without same price, I will order one of those two and one extra fan for top of my case. People are saying that x variant is bit better than regular 212 evo I am leaning toward 212x rather than one with led. What is your opinion

Last edited:
Whichever, I'm sure the performance difference is negilgible

Thank you guys on help! Board will arrive tomorrow after I get it in and install everything back then I will start to play with OC a little so I will let you know the results.
I will be using Freezer pro for a while since its cold here right now, for few months that is then update to Hyper. Tnx once again

Thanks for the update. So I take it you do not have air conditioning in the summer months.

Yea I do have but still its in another room we rarely use it, we rather open windows around house since winds know to be strong. Friend of mine just installed me 990x hw monitor is reading vcore rather in strange fashion on stock max is saying 1.414 while current is around 0.4 oO thats kinda strange. I havent changed anything for now and one fan is spazing out in hw monitor showing absurd readings still have to check out which one, GPU was doing same thing before now thats not the case. Temps are fine, cpu fan isnt going full speed far as I know. Another thing I noticed that turbo core steps into second stage without problems, before change of mobo it would never go past first stage of 3.8. Old win 10 installation worked without problems same as I would install lets say new GPU or RAM idk could that be problematic.
Good god this bios is confusing I found out my default vcore is set to 1.414 kinda to high if you ask me

Last edited:
Check Device Manager and make sure all your devices are working and have drivers. Look for "X" or yellow caution signs that show problems.

It's always best to do a fresh clean install of Windows when making installing a new motherboard because the chip set is different and will use different drivers. Old drivers can conflict with the new ones Windows 10 installs. Windows 10 may not have all the drivers you need natively built in so you may need to get some of them from the motherboard installation disk or from the motherboard company's website.

Nope everything seems fine there. But this bios is confusing as hell... I liked more old blue one :/ Even fan speed is confusing to change, that mad reading was from cpu cooler when idle under load it reads fine.

Last edited:
Yes, welcome to the UEFI world. All new motherboards will have it. It does take some getting used to. It's a graphical environment and you can use your mouse to navigate around in it. Some motherboards have a "classic" option that will put a "skin" on the UEFI interface to make it look like something you are more used to. UEFI has some technological advantages over the old "bios" arrangement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20881_01/html/E20891/gltbf.html

The experienced overclockers here at the forum do not recommend using software overclocking or even the automatic overclocking "wizards" that are found in many bioses/UEFIs. At least not as a permanent method. We sometimes use them to get a crude or rough idea of what the chip's potential is but then go back into bios/UEFI for fine tuning and permanent values. The problem with the overclocking software and wizzards is that they don't give us all the tools we need and they also often give an unbalanced overclock profile. For instance, they may significantly lower memory frequency in order to maximize CPU core frequency. Another example would be that the overclocking software won't allow you to adjust RAM parameters.

Well this one dont touch memory at all which is strange but keeps turbo up and bunch of power saving fetures just tested it. Still I assume that regular OC is way better since al cores supose to work at lets say 4.4. Anyway gonna tinker around with it I just hope to figure it out soon enough UEFI that is

Easy tune behaved odd for me. I tried to use it to bump multipliers after a stable pass in p95, then when/if I BSOD'd, dial in the multiplier and bump the vcore in BIOS, but I recall it acting funky on my board.

I used overdrive to bump the multiplier instead, and dialed it in, and bumped the vcore when it BSOD'd

I had no issues with Easy Tune now tried "Medium" it works fine, but Overdrive screwed me on last board. Now I am only confused why my vcore is by default so high 1.440 on this board temps are fine. I will try to play with multiplier and power savings alone

Oh nvm vcore was set to auto... noob lol Set it to normal tried 4.2 failed after 5min. Bumped vcore for one+ now its holding but it seems that cores drop a bit not for long to 3.5. More vcore or something else? Disabled all power saving features also. Temps nowhere near 50c after 10min 39c and staying there.
I just noticed one core is just chiling probably the couse of speed drop any suggestions how to fix it?

Edit: Testing with intel burn Test right now on Maximum stress level no core failure but there is still drop to 3.9 and temp is siting at 57c. I just want to know how to solve those drops.... well it froze by my mistake I think now I will try test with Overdrive

Overdrive says max temp 47c it goes from 45-47 at times as fan blows faster at higher temps still can see those pesky drops but now to 4.0 this is about 20min in each test. INtel burn failed me, P95 got failed core only overdrive passed. Still I want to solve those drops mentioned

Last edited:
How much difference is there between your hottest core and your coolest core when doing a stress test? It is normal for there to be as much a 10c between the hottest and the coolest. What is your package temp in HWMonitor? That is really the only one you need to be concerned about. Generally, it will reflect the max temp of the hottest core.

Yes, set your vcore manually rather than on Auto.

Overdrive doesn't measure the actual core temp but how far you are from Tjmax, which is the temperature room left before you hit the thermal throttling point. TJMax is the temp where throttling sets in.

Last edited:
Intel burn test showed the most increase in temps up to 58c after about 15min "Max setting". Now all others wouldn't go above 48c, overdrive and prime all were on 4.2. How I can check individual core temps? Every single software I install wont show up all cores only single one tried to set it up to show but it seems I cant...

Last edited:
Back