• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8120 OC Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, that $150 worth of Just Buy ram could have bought some good shett at NewEgg. If you don't need 16gig for something special, then I would only get 8 gigs since it is easier to clock in 2x4gig sizing. I use the Ares Gskil stuff at DDR1866 and then never have to deal with those tall heat spreaders.

I run the Topmost set from this linked page at NewEgg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...deId=1&name=DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)&Order=PRICE Not overly expensive and will do DDR2000 pretty darn easily.
RGone...

I'm sure I can get rid of my current ram on newegg for a decent amount.

I been looking at the 2 sets below yours on the link you posted.

The sniper series and the ripjaw series. Would go well with my current black/red theme.

Yeah, I know the ram has got to bling. Hehehe. Not for me though, I might want to put my ginormous air-cooler on and it would cut me to two sticks.
RGone...

Ok ran into some more questions.

DIGI+ Power Control

Everything is on AUTO or Standard or 100%

Is there anything here I would look at changing?

Well getting an error now in P95.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected

Multi at 20x
Vcore set at: 1.308 (auto) drops down to 1.272 under load. 1.320 idle
HT Link: 2600
CPU/NB: 2200
Memory: 1006
3:8
7-7-7-20-27

Try upping the Cpu llc in the digi to high and see if it thakes care of the V droop. Watch the temps though.

That done the trick. Now my VCore isn't dropping below 1.320 under load and its at 1.332 idle.

Well upped my vcore to 1.40 and 21.5 multi for a 4.3 oc.

Currently stable, temps just don't like it.

20min into the test I'm at

64c CPU and 43c cores

Going to get brave and cut a hole one day in the side case and suck out air.

I guess going from 3.1 to 4.3 is a big jump tho.

64c CPU and 43c cores = That is really not that bad. It could be better but if it would stay there over 2hours of P95 Blend, then it would be fine for me. I mean you don't normally push it that hard day to day.
RGone...

No I don't really do that much with it. My temps dropped back down to 56c for a few minutes then back up to 63c where they are now.

I took my H110 off today and put on some AS5 thermal. Still want to experiment with what I got and see if I can lower the temps.

Thanks again RGone for all the help. Learned a lot of stuff this go round with OCing.

Back