• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8120 Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taz4xlife

Registered
I am fairly new to overclocking I have my fx-8120 overclocked to 4.26 17x 250 I can run prime95 for about 2 minutes then I get illegal summit on cores 7 and 8 I have a rocketfish 1000 watt power supply a amd 6770 video card and ssd drives and 2 dvd burners what i am confussed about is in the bios how to increase the voltage on the cpu I have a ASUS M5A97 board in the bios I have the option to increase it in the ofset mode everytime I do it I hit prime95 and the pc shuts off

Attachments

• over1.jpg
    over1.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Thanks I figured it out from reading one of the thread showing how to overclock

Why are you overclocking with the fsb when you have a CPU with an unlocked multiplier?

I have changed it since I read the how to I found on here that was before I read they how to

this is how it is set now I can run 4.3 with it the way it is set but going to get a cooler master hyper 212 evo today
asus4.jpg

With these settings can you run Prime95 blend for at least 2 hours without dropping any cores or getting BSOD?

not with this cooler it gets to hot to fast that is why I am going to get the new cooler I can only run it for like 10 minutes and it gets to hot I can run 3dMark,3dMark11 and 3dMark Vantage with no problems at this setting

Last edited:
Thanks going to put it in tomorrow no time today mowing the lawn stinks lol

Installed the new cooler it runs at 18c at idle and 35c playing a game ran prime95 for 1 hour with temp only hitting 50c at 4.3

Back