• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8150 hits 9GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love how there are so many posts saying "but there are only 2 cores enabled". Big deal. The point is to see what the highest clock speeds you can run not how efficient the overclock will be.

@moocow: how do you mean bugged? I haven't been paying much attention to the bulldozer extreme clocks so I haven't heard that yet.

@soulwatch: I understand its just impressive to hit that though if moocow is right saying the speed is bugged (and Im inclined to believe him) than it doesn't matter any ways... you mays say its a moo point....

Its common to only have 1 or 2 cores running in extreme overclocking for all CPU's, Intel or AMD.

Its all about keeping it within the TDP, you can't do that at these speeds with all cores running.

Its pretty impressive, its beats the original record of what i think was 8.3Ghz (which was done with just 1 core running)

Back