• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 8350 and overclock? or fx 9370?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You RC boyz know to have tough skins. Hehehe. I saw that with "bob" and thought today must be a full moon day for sure. But it was all good.

The thing that is not all good are the temps on the Asrock EXT9 board. I always had it in mind that might be the succesor to the FatLady board, but I have seen a couple of them that give me real freeken pause and now am not nearly so sure.
RGone...

You RC boyz know to have tough skins. Hehehe. I saw that with "bob" and thought today must be a full moon day for sure. But it was all good.

The thing that is not all good are the temps on the Asrock EXT9 board. I always had it in mind that might be the succesor to the FatLady board, but I have seen a couple of them that give me real freeken pause and now am not nearly so sure.
RGone...

I'm hoping it can be helped with some extra air into the case but he's got most of his holes plugged with rads. :shrug:

I'm hoping it can be helped with some extra air into the case but he's got most of his holes plugged with rads. :shrug:

I went back and REread the complete thread and he did put fans (big fans) over the VRMs and on back of mobo as I understand it. Yet they are not seeming to do a lot of good. Let me REphrase that, HWMon does not seem to be reporing that those two fans that work well on Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 are not seeming to do so much in this configuration and am at a loss as to why.

Maybe it is as you say "johan" all the places for fans are stuffed with rads. I just don't have a good idea coming to mind to try to lower socket/cpu temps more.
RGone...

Wow the thread exploded. Whats up? I will be reversing the rear fan to become intake, making it the 4th intake feeding 5 exhausts. Also, i was thinking of mounting a few fans on the side panel. Either that or a large 230mm if i have the depth to do so. (Dont want side fa touching my video cards). Granted this all under full load these temps. Gaming is flawless, and package/sockey temp are closer together

Also rgone, the fans I have on the NB and vrm sinks are 40mm. 7Cfm each. These are the same fans I had before whem running my fx6300. And if you look back on the hwmonitor from that cpu overclock, socket temps were fine. Maybe its the cpu type itself?

That is one thing to consider infinite, I put my 9370 in the M5A pro just to see what it would do and it just went squirrely where it had no problems with the 8350. These things are definately different in some way.

Also rgone, the fans I have on the NB and vrm sinks are 40mm. 7Cfm each. These are the same fans I had before whem running my fx6300. And if you look back on the hwmonitor from that cpu overclock, socket temps were fine. Maybe its the cpu type itself?

From post #73 >> 70mm fan on the VRM sink, and 120mm on socket.

Is that what you have now or still just the little 40mm ones at the front of the mobo?
RGone...

From post #73 >> 70mm fan on the VRM sink, and 120mm on socket.

Is that what you have now or still just the little 40mm ones at the front of the mobo?
RGone...

The 70mm turned out to be faulty. I mean it was a 5k rpm fan, but then you heard it going faster, faster, faster still, and then bzzzt. burnt itself out, So I went with 2 40mm fans per heatsink. There is still a 120mm fan on the socket though. 37ish cfm.

I am probably pushing much closer to 75 CFM at my VRMs from the front of the mobo.
RGone...ster.

Wow thats a difference. Well I will hopefully get the chance to install 2 120mm fans similar to the one on the rear of the socket, on the side panel of my case today. Aside from that, I am happy with how the temps look on my CPU and its overclock. Rarely will I even be pushing the CPU to 100% if ever but even so, the socket temps are still under the 77C mark that is considered acceptable.

Without fail are your own results and mindset, the most important. U paid for it and must maintain it. We only are in a suggestive mode.

Went and rounded up some more things from my own testing.

4.6Ghz on air.

Good bit warmer 4.8Ghz on air.

I do not back down from running that 4.8Ghz on air with that 64c-ish core temp. But that is me. YMMV. One's thinking may even differ.
RGone...ster.

Wow thats a difference. Well I will hopefully get the chance to install 2 120mm fans similar to the one on the rear of the socket, on the side panel of my case today. Aside from that, I am happy with how the temps look on my CPU and its overclock. Rarely will I even be pushing the CPU to 100% if ever but even so, the socket temps are still under the 77C mark that is considered acceptable.

Back