• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 8350 and overclock? or fx 9370?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know you got the 9370 but that 6300 was very power hungry for some reason.

My 6350 for instance.

Attachments

• 63504700.jpg
    63504700.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 63504900.jpg
    63504900.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 61
I know you got the 9370 but that 6300 was very power hungry for some reason.

My 6350 for instance.

Yea I have no idea why my 6300 wanted 1.5v for 4.8 ghz. Granted your 6350 is the "higher-binned" model of the fx 63xx line. I'm loving this new cpu though.

Yea I have no idea why my 6300 wanted 1.5v for 4.8 ghz. Granted your 6350 is the "higher-binned" model of the fx 63xx line. I'm loving this new cpu though.

I know it's higher binned but I, like others, have seen some odd behaviors from CPUs.

An 8150 that ran so cold at 4.7Ghz(57C) and had so much potential. But anything above 57C and it shut off. IMC was garbage, wouldn't boot on a single 8GB dim. Had to be 4GB dimm or smaller. (RMAed, the replacement ran better but ran much warmer)

An 8320 that refuses to go above 4.2Ghz. Just wont do it. (Friends CPU, helping him to RMA it soon)

And the list goes on.

Enjoy the 9370. Maybe go after Johan. :D He love's putting antifreeze in the computer and sticking it outside. LOL:thup:

I feel my chip has been blessed by the gods reading this thread haha. Congrats on a cool 9370. Should have room for more if you wish!

CPU - FX-8320 oc'd to 4515hz
OC - 1.4v cpu/1.25v cpu-nb 215FSB, 21 multi
MOBO - ASrock 990fx Fatal1ty Killer
RAM - 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz @ 1480mhz
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD7770
PSU - CM TX700
CASE - Lian Li PC-62 modded
COOLING - Hyper 212 EVO
CPU TEMPS - 20c idle/ 40c gaming load
SOCKET TEMPS - 34c idle / 45c gaming load

" bob4933" that is a very informative signature. Tells the story from the get-go,
RGone...

CPU - FX-8320 oc'd to 4515hz
OC - 1.4v cpu/1.25v cpu-nb 215FSB, 21 multi
MOBO - ASrock 990fx Fatal1ty Killer
RAM - 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz @ 1480mhz
GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD7770
PSU - CM TX700
CASE - Lian Li PC-62 modded
COOLING - Hyper 212 EVO
CPU TEMPS - 20c idle/ 40c gaming load
SOCKET TEMPS - 34c idle / 45c gaming load

" bob4933" that is a very informative signature. Tells the story from the get-go,
RGone...

hahaha after being yelled at by you guys enough times, I figured I would just make it simple xD :cry:

On occasion I do bring her up to 5.0 for some activities. Need to up the voltage to 1.425, but thats only to account for vdroop. I think on a better board I could 1.4 all day @ 5.0. Im stable at 1.3875 but sometimes it does have some droop that brings into the 'unstable' side of the house. Only downfall to this mother board honestly.

Hey everyone. I finally upgraded!. Got my hands on an fx-9370 for $120. I forgot I had a logitech g13 gamepad I bought a while ago and haven't used all that much. Check with microcenter, and it had a warranty! Returned it for $80. Was originally gonna get the fx-8350, but the 9370 was only $20 more, so I figured I would go for the higher binned chip. Anyhow, this is a pic of 20 minutes of prime95 blend testing. This is with fans attached to NB and VRM heatsinks, as well as a fan on the rear of the socket. I was able to get 5ghz stable at 1.55v with 100% LLC (no wiggle room, remember ASrock boards are backwards) but the CPU started producing illegal sumout errors after 6 minutes of p95 testing.

]

Mine started getting very finicky around the 5.0 mark did a lot of meesing with the RAM and NB to get it to do 5.0 with lowish voltage.

hahaha after being yelled at by you guys enough times, I figured I would just make it simple xD :cry:

On occasion I do bring her up to 5.0 for some activities. Need to up the voltage to 1.425, but thats only to account for vdroop. I think on a better board I could 1.4 all day @ 5.0. Im stable at 1.3875 but sometimes it does have some droop that brings into the 'unstable' side of the house. Only downfall to this mother board honestly.

SO you can run stable at 5.0 with 1.4v?? That would be the best FX we have ever seen in this forum if that's the case.

SO you can run stable at 5.0 with 1.4v?? That would be the best FX we have ever seen in this forum if that's the case.

No, not on this motherboard dude. I think with a motherboard with solid LLC (that this motherboard does not have) it would run 5.0 at 1.4. Purely speculation. Theres a guy running 5.1ghz @1.385 on toms hardware....

No, not on this motherboard dude. I think with a motherboard with solid LLC (that this motherboard does not have) it would run 5.0 at 1.4. Purely speculation. Theres a guy running 5.1ghz @1.385 on toms hardware....

OK so does this mean I can run 5077 at 1.368v

5077.JPG

Really not sure how I offended you or why you feel the need to patronize me, but I'd appreciate a stop to it.

Last I'll post off topic in this thread, my apologies for trying to be aloof apparently.

(edit: before the cries come out, I had accidently closed HWM before finishing p95, so thats simply an after the fact HWM shot)

tempss_zps1ca37372.png

Really not sure how I offended you or why you feel the need to patronize me, but I'd appreciate a stop to it.

Last I'll post off topic in this thread, my apologies for trying to be aloof apparently.

(edit: before the cries come out, I had accidently closed HWM before finishing p95, so thats simply an after the fact HWM shot)

tempss_zps1ca37372.png

You didn't offend me at all Bob, you're using around 1.5v which is fairly normal fo a clock of 5.0 As I have said I haven't seen one CPU yet that will run P95 stable at or below 1.4v for a 5G clock. So in a nutshell it isn't going to matter what Motherboard you have you won't be running P95 at 5.0 with 1.4v. I appologize for any thing I have doe that may have Ired you. I posted that pic just to show that it's possible to run over 5.0 with less than 1.4v I just won't believe that someone is actully stable at that.

I don't think anyone is being 'aloof' so much as we are simply trying to say that it is very VERY uncommon that you see 1.4v and 5GHz actually stable. That is all, put the gun away... :cool:

This seems to be a frequent happening with the FX's lately. Doner had the same problem with his 8350, with no apparent cause or fix (to my knowlede), perhaps send him a pm.
Yes but normally putting fans on the VRM and Rear of the motherboard will help this issue. Usually when fans are added the difference is 10-12c. Infinite already has fans on the VRM and NB section, so it is concerning to me. I also have never seen that great of a difference between the two.

lol need my coffee apparently :chair:

I completely forgot about my voltage offset, setting was as 1.425 on my bios settings, but the offset brings it up obviously.

lol need my coffee apparently :chair:

I completely forgot about my voltage offset, setting was as 1.425 on my bios settings, but the offset brings it up obviously.

That's all good Bob no offense taken. We all do this :facepalm: once in a while, though I think Manny does it more. :rofl::rofl:

LOL how did I manage to become a target here :D :escape:

BACK to the point though? No one concerned about this?

Alright , fine Manny you do have a point. infinite did say he had already added fans as well. 75c is very high for a socket temp, just not sure what else he could do to help it. May just need more air coming into the case.

EDIT: after having a second look at it, he's got 5 minimum maybe 6 exhaust oints , if he's lucky maybe 2 or 3 coming in, that's not enough air.

EDIT:EDIT you know I'm just funnin ya Manny, sure let's just dump a couple more pounds in and wait for it...... D**n it's all frozen again !!!

Back