• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 CPU/DIE Orientation + Raystorm Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure what you mean Mongo, The plate gets sandwiched in so it should be flat. If there's any curvature to it you'll have to match it with the end of the block top I guess whichever has a curve to it.

Not sure what you mean Mongo, The plate gets sandwiched in so it should be flat. If there's any curvature to it you'll have to match it with the end of the block top I guess whichever has a curve to it.
Sorry Johan,

ive not managed to explain it very well.

The slot that came with my waterblock, if you look at the inner 'wall' of the slot, on one side it is completely flush, while on the other side it has been machined down as not to be flush.

I would say the not flush side has had the inner of its slot machined at say a 40 degree angle.

This is purposefully done.

I just dont remember if the flush side sits against the copper plate of visa versu.

Thats the best I can explain.

I dont think my camera is of high quality to show what I am talking about.

The only way to understand is by having the slot in your hand, then it would become very clear.

:p

I think I know what you mean, that one face the slot itself is bevelled and the other face the slot has no bevel on the edge. Like this

bevel.jpg

I think I know what you mean, that one face the slot itself is bevelled and the other face the slot has no bevel on the edge. Like this

View attachment 139434
Yup, great picture !

Thats exactly what I am talking about.

Bevel was the word I couldnt get my brain to output, lol

Now if someone can chime in, what is the 'correct' side to be flush against the copper block.

:clap:

Compare it to the opening in the top. If the opening is slightly bigger I would point it up, actually I probably would in both cases. The idea is to focus the water in and out through the slits. So I think the bevel would benefit the flow more top up. ???
I don't know this for sure I'm just thinking out loud.

Compare it to the opening in the top. If the opening is slightly bigger I would point it up, actually I probably would in both cases. The idea is to focus the water in and out through the slits. So I think the bevel would benefit the flow more top up. ???
I don't know this for sure I'm just thinking out loud.
Well thats how I was thinking about it.

But then I started to think in the form of 'turbulence'

I.e. if the beveled side is facing the copper channels then less turbulence would occur when the water was forced through the channels.

Hopefully someone remembers how it should be!

Back