• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 or 9370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, just as an addendum:

People are saying the H100i is barely enough to run an 8-core at 5 GHz.
So does that mean with my H60 / 8320 I shouldn't expect any more than 4.5 GHz?
I can't say for certain what clocks you'll get with the H60, I can tell you that these things run hot when you start to push on them with all 8 cores chugging along.

I was looking at the 9370 myself but after reading the reviews and specs it seems like it is nothing more than a 8350 with hot settings from the factory. I think it would be very limited with just the H100i.

The H100i has its limits. I run it and I am thermally limited on my clock speed. I could exceed 4.7 if I had better cooling. I also live in a desert so my ambient temps are higher. My room temp is 78-80 F, which I am sure keeps my H100i from performing as well as others.

AMD only guarantees 4.4 with a 4.7 turbo, and recommend an AIO at the least.

I was looking at the 9370 myself but after reading the reviews and specs it seems like it is nothing more than a 8350 with hot settings from the factory. I think it would be very limited with just the H100i.

The H100i has its limits. I run it and I am thermally limited on my clock speed. I could exceed 4.7 if I had better cooling. I also live in a desert so my ambient temps are higher. My room temp is 78-80 F, which I am sure keeps my H100i from performing as well as others.

I believe AMD also hand picks the batches that prove the most stable. Yes they are high-clocked 8350s from a hardware perspective, but the 8350 is just a higher clocked 8320. They can just be a bit stricter and more rigorous with the initial QC on the batches they designate as higher clocks, and I imagine the FX-9s are even moreso.

That's what I thought till I saw the wide variance in default volts. 1.536v for a turbo of 4.7 doesn't see to remarkable to me. My 8350 does 4.64 with 1.476v on 8 cores all the time. Like I said the 9370 I have is a sweetheart, I've seen others that aren't. Luck of the draw.

1.536v for a turbo of 4.7 doesn't seem to remarkable to me. = It is not remarkable considering that is for 1/2 the cores on or less. Your 4.8Ghz "johan" is all 8 cores on hammering all the time. And then the sumbeeatch is HOT.

However when any cpu maker tests a cpu for speed and voltage they have a very stringent set of specs to meet so that the cpu can go in an OEM setup and run without issue. From what little they (cpu maker) will release, we think we are strict with 2 hours of P95 Blend, they are far stricter to meet the demands of OEMs. But we throw turbocore out the freeken window and hammer all cores where they do not test that way.
Bobert...Boolbler.

with an h60, you need BIG FANNAGE!!!!! for 4.5.
from what I have seen and read the 8350 clocks better than most fx9xxx cpu's, if your staying at stock clocks the fx9xxx cpu is the choice.

heat and damage???? yea, it WILL happen I just posted a pick of a cpu power connector mine toasted.

If I were you guys I would surly have a look at all my connectors once in a while.

Back