• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 Stock Stability Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GatorChamp

So my FX8350 is locking up when running prime 95. I was having issues with overclocking that I thought was weird so reset everything to stock (cleared the CMOS) and tested again. About 5 -10 min in my computer locks up and I have to reboot. Now I replaced the ram as well. Same brand just 2 sticks on 2133, but I have it only running at DDR3 1600. What my computer defaults it to.

My first move was going to be putting the old ram back in and testing stability but wanted to post everything to see if anyone notices something out of line before I do that. I'm kind of at a blank at the moment being i took everything back to stock and I still have issues.

I know I ran a stability test at one post in time last night and had no issues at stock but I can't quite recall if I had replaced the ram at that point.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 251
Lower clocked P-state voltage for that cpu is 1.4125V and the motherboard at Auto Vcore is not giving that cpu enough voltage to remain stable. Is the first thing I see. Plus without the captures of CPUz Memory Tab and SPD Tab it is hard to see what the ram and CPU_NB are doing.
RGone...

Lower clocked P-state voltage for that cpu is 1.4125V and the motherboard at Auto Vcore is not giving that cpu enough voltage to remain stable.
I agree!

Lower clocked P-state voltage for that cpu is 1.4125V and the motherboard at Auto Vcore is not giving that cpu enough voltage to remain stable. Is the first thing I see. Plus without the captures of CPUz Memory Tab and SPD Tab it is hard to see what the ram and CPU_NB are doing.
RGone...

Sir we may have a winner. Going strong so far. Thanks!

we love a quick fix!!!!

Yes - always nice.

Question, the max safe core temp on these CPUs are 62 degrees correct? Im seeing people saying don't go above that. I've got her clocked at 4.635 sitting at 52c. I believe I also read a discussion on these forums that going past 4.7 the performance gains dropped off. That accurate?

Safe temps 62 on the cores and 70 ish on the Cpu socket. = FYI, since most of this stuff is relational, it can be surmised that if the CPU Socket temp is pretty darn high; then so also will the temps of the VRMs that supply CPU Vcore. They are so close together real estate wise. So if you see high socket temps, you can pretty well guess that the VRMs are warm too and that is not too good either.
RGone...

Back