• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-9590 220watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok so after much research and hearing how the newer 8350's did not seem to be performing as well as the earlier versions and since I found the 9590 for 100.00 off on an after Christmas sale I decided to go the 9590 route. I still want to do some more research on custom loop water cooling and need to save some pennies for it anyway.
in the meantime do you guys think an h100i would be able to handle the 9590 at stock settings?? until I can get a custom loop on it? I ask because I already have one that I bought on sale awhile back thinking to use it when I upgraded my CPU but from what I've since learned I know it's not going to handle OC'ing a 9590.

Ya what he said. ^^
I would think it would do better aw well. I have a similar AIO and it handles 1.476v quite comfortably but I have a ton of airflow as well.

Ok so after much research and hearing how the newer 8350's did not seem to be performing as well as the earlier versions Actually some of the later FX-8350s are doing much better. Clocks upwards of 5.0Ghz on plain water stable for 2 hours of P95 Blend.
in the meantime do you guys think an h100i would be able to handle the 9590 at stock settings?? until I can get a custom loop on it? I ask because I already have one that I bought on sale awhile back thinking to use it when I upgraded my CPU but from what I've since learned I know it's not going to handle OC'ing a 9590.

I think if you already have the H100i and will NOT return it for refund, then certainly give it a go with the 9590. I mean you already have it. The problem is this and that is when you start messing with Cool N Quiet and APM and other green settings and setting windows power manager to "performance mode" most do not know just how HOT the FX can run.

I would hope that using the FX-9590 as AMD intended that the H100i would keep temps in check.
RGone...

Thanks for the reply's guys I figured it should handle it at stock settings I mean its beeter than the oe cooler they ship with just figured I would ask. once I'm ready to put a loop on it I can sell the H100i on ebay or save it for something else.
now just to keep myself from trying to push it until I get the loop:D

I've run the 9590/H100i and it can run up to 4.8+/-. You well need to run pretty high fan rpm when pushing the load and the Corsair fans can get load. For everyday you can run at around 1k fan rpm and that's fairly quiet. The Corsair Link software allows you to build custom fan profiles and work with the rgb led.

I would recommend a 120X3 rad and if you are going to add gpu to the loop a 120X4.

The Gigabyte 990FX-UD7 should be fine, too. They certainly have the power section for it. And my UD3 Rev 1.0 got lucky and supports my 8320 with a BIOS upgrade.

The Gigabyte 990FX-UD7 should be fine, too. They certainly have the power section for it. And my UD3 Rev 1.0 got lucky and supports my 8320 with a BIOS upgrade.

It's what I have. I did fine to 1.6 volts and 5.4Ghz.

asrock extreme 9 990fx board , as far as I know is the only board certified to support the 220 watts needed.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX Extreme9/index.us.asp
look here , supports the 5g
We can tell you first hand that it will work on the Sabertooth and CHV/Z. There are a bunch of us running our Fx 83xx's at Fx 9xxx speeds, that is also with all 8 cores enabled, and those two boards as well as the Asrock board will work. We also have a couple of members that have a Fx 9xxx cpu and use it on both the Sabertooth and CHV-Z without issue.

Yes to Mandrake.

Only reason I went with the 9370 was because my 8320 was stuck at 4.2 (yay, lucky me). Also, I'm going full on liquid cooling with the rig as well. You might also want a small chipset fan on the back of the Motherboard if it normally gets hot cause now it'll get VERY hot.

Back