• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8150 & Windows 7 & My 965BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SplashDown

Registered
Right now I have an 965BE got an antec water cooler on it and I'm at 4.1 runnin nice all day like that. Well I love tweakin on chit and I was thinkin of gettin a FX8150 but I have been hearin the stuff about Windows 7 and those chips. So any FX8150 owners out there, how they runnin? I'm thinkin with Win 7 holdin them back I should stay with my 965, I also hear Win 8 is goiun to fix this but then I'm buyin Win8 too. Im lookin for peeps opinions so fire away. And intel guys plz save comments .....lmao I know what you would say. Thanks in advance Splash:confused: PS. Or recommend an AMD and why ? Im bored I guess...lookin for somethin to do.

Last edited:
Can't really comment on your first question, but you could wait a few months until the release of Piledriver before getting an FX, in any case, at least it will lower the cost of the FX chips.
And also, allegedly the Piledriver will "fix" those "issues" of the FX's.

I really like my fx8120, and the way the price has fallen, wait till piledriver hits the shelves and they will be even cheaper.
the fx takes little tweaking to get high clocks but requires a hardware geek to enjoy, it's all about heat.

my 955 machine only requires a little cleaning once in a while and just humms at 4.0 all week long.

Back