• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(G92) 8800GTS 512mb thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I updated my sig. You should be able to click on my score now to go to ORB to get full details.

Here are the individual scores, though, for quick reference.

Main Test Results
3DMark Score 16365 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 6867 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 6441 Marks
CPU Score 5993 Marks

One thing I just noticed...the individual scores don't add up to the total score. Has it always been this way? I always thought the scores were cumulative.

Question: i just got 3dmark06 pro edition v1.1 and I bench to get a 3dmark score but everytime i submit it it says its not with default settings. i put everything to default and select all the tests and it still does this. what do i do?

so u guys r saying for stability testing i should loop some 3dmark03 and 05 stuff? how do i tell if somethings wrong?

also, what can be used to monitor the temps accuratley of my card? i hear ati tool, but does it work with the 8800gts 512<?

in 3dmark06 on the flght one when the dragon flies up really hi my monitor goes black for a split second, very fast. is this normal>??? i haven't overclocked my card yet or anything, just played with the fan speed. What fan speed do you guys normally run at???

ps jason, i will wait till i get my watercooling up till i overclock and try getting a higher score. will post when it is done.

Last edited:
Question: i just got 3dmark06 pro edition v1.1 and I bench to get a 3dmark score but everytime i submit it it says its not with default settings. i put everything to default and select all the tests and it still does this. what do i do?

so u guys r saying for stability testing i should loop some 3dmark03 and 05 stuff? how do i tell if somethings wrong?

also, what can be used to monitor the temps accuratley of my card? i hear ati tool, but does it work with the 8800gts 512<?

in 3dmark06 on the flght one when the dragon flies up really hi my monitor goes black for a split second, very fast. is this normal>??? i haven't overclocked my card yet or anything, just played with the fan speed. What fan speed do you guys normally run at???

ps jason, i will wait till i get my watercooling up till i overclock and try getting a higher score. will post when it is done.

You need the 1.1 to 1.2 patch.

Viper

Just found out today that my memory at 1030 was to high for the card. I was playing COD4 when the game just froze and my sound shuddered for a few seconds then went back to normal. I reset the card to stock clocks and have been tinkering around with it all day. I have the core/ shader at 745/1861 with no problems, went 30 mins artifact free with ati tool. 750 core gave me artifacts 2 mins in. I have played well over an hour of COD4 with no lock ups so I know it was the memory. What is weird is that I had played crysis for hours with the memory at 1030 with no problems, but oh well. I now need someway to test my memory without having the professional 3dmark05 or 06.

It looks like 1.1 is the latest. I'm not sure why your getting the error. Are you running it at 1280x1024?

Yes, loops of particular tests (listed already in this thread) are good for testing memory stability. Trust me...you'll know if something is wrong!

For temps use Riva Tuner. ATI Tool is only good for general stability testing.

Not sure why your monitor goes black at stock clocks in Canyon Flight.

I run 100% fan during testing. For games I run anywhere from 60-80% depending on the game, and my mood.

I hate the sticker that comes on the card. it is like partially on not very good job in the factory i guess. If i took it off, would it leave residue? how could i take it off and make it look good? (yes i mean the stock cooler

I too noticed the stock fan profile is bad. Running at 29% or whatever and never seeming to go higher. After playing games for a while I saw 80C and didn't like that.

So I used RivaTuner to tweak the automatic fan profile on the card using this thread:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2432889

I think I set mine for a Tmin of 50C and Trange of 32. Now it never goes over 60C and the fan stays quiet (I think, hard to tell while playing a loud game). Best is the card automatically handles increasing the fan speed as the card gets hotter way it should have from the factory.

It is possible to permanently change the fan profile. I have not tried it but this guide is available:
http://www.gamebeat.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1140

Yesterday i downloaded the nvidia ntune program, and I OC'd my 8800gts 512. Just today, my screen started freezing, and i finally had to go back to a restore point. Everything seems fine and dandy now. Is nTune just not compatible with Vista 64bit?

Yesterday i downloaded the nvidia ntune program, and I OC'd my 8800gts 512. Just today, my screen started freezing, and i finally had to go back to a restore point. Everything seems fine and dandy now. Is nTune just not compatible with Vista 64bit?

yes it is compatible, most likely your card overheated from the fan being its slow stock speed, there was probably no need for a restore point, you could have just set the card back to stock lol.

yes it is compatible, most likely your card overheated from the fan being its slow stock speed, there was probably no need for a restore point, you could have just set the card back to stock lol.

oh lol. Well, I did the automatic tune thingy. It just tweaked my card for 20min, so i figured it would take care of it... guess not lol. I kept trying to startup my comp and return it to default settings before it would freeze, but i couldnt find where to do so. oh well, i created a restore point like 3 days ago, so im fine hehe.

Thanks for the info. :)

Back