• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GA-880GM-UD2H + Transcend JetRam 8GB KIT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Hey guys!
I'm starting a MuOnline server and just to insure myself I've decided to get 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a X6 1050T CPU on the cheap.
After googling "Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H X6" I saw that LOTS of people have the same problem -
After restarting their PC they get some random beeps and their PC just refuses to start.
So my question is - does anyone of you own a motherboard like this 1 and will it run ok with my cheap a*s Transcend JetRam 8GB (2x4) DDR3 RAM KIT (http://www.provantage.com/transcend-jm1333kln-8gk~7TRSD120.htm) ?
Some people say that the motherboard fails to run RAM lower than 1,6v blah blah blah blah so will there be a problem with my 1,5v RAM?
I'm not sure what's the BIOS rev that the company ships the motherboards with, but I hope its a new one and that it will support the X6 and the 8GB of ram, because I don't have a spare AM3 CPU nor another DDR3 RAM sticks to throw in it.

Last edited:
Come o(w)n guys I really need to pick a configuration so I'd know how much money I need - the one I've chosen is about 660$, if I have to change motherboard after I bought all the parts I'd be really scre*ed.

Why do you need 8 gb of ram? There aren't many apps than can take advantage of that much memory. Will this be four sticks of ram? We frequently hear of problems when people start using more than 2 sticks of ram it seems to me. It puts extra strain on the IMC.

If there is a problem I doubt the RAM will cause it.

And giving RAM sticks 1.60v isn't going to hurt them. A LOT of RAM OC profiles (DDR3-1600 speeds) require 1.65v. :)

PS
I wouldn't want to run RAM sticks rated at 1.35v that high - nor would I recommend RAM rated at 1.35v.

Well the ram is rated at 1,5v voltage or atleast that's what the website I'm buying it from (Plesio) says.
If yaal guys think I'll run into some problems I can do a sacrifice and get 6GB Corsair XMS/Mushkin KIT for the same money, the sticks support running in 3 channel mode, but I won't be able to use it, because of the motherboard I'm buying.
So - this 8GB (2x4) KIT (hopefully running at 1,5v as the website says) or a 6GB Corsair/Mushkin KIT (3x2GB)?
@trents I need 8GB, because I have a PC that I'll use for a Cabal Online server, but it only has 4GB of RAM and I need to install VMWare & Linux on it to run some programs required for the Cabal sv to run.
So I'm planning to use the new PC as a MuOnline host and also put VMWare w linux running on it and put a part of the Cabal sv on it too.
So - 4GB for the MuOnline server and 4GB for the Linux OS and a part of the Cabal server files.

With RAM rated at 1.50v I don't think you'll have any problems. I routinely run +0.05v on unclocked RAM and 1.60 or more if there's any overclock at all. RAM sticks are tough, they can take a little extra voltage without harm. :)

Ok guys, thanks to everyone who responded.
All of you were really helpful and I've decided to go with 8GB as I would need them.
Have a nice day/night!

Back