• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-970A-UD3P rev 1.0 (overclocking)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oo maybe I'll try to do the same thing then or something similar after I find my highest possible O/C. << I do hope you mean highest stable overclock that will pass at least 2 hours of P95 Blend mode testing since that has become the water shed baseline for our AMD stability testing here in the AMD forum sections. In the overall scope of things, most of us that do overclock and help in here almost daily, do not use our Max overclock except for benching. I as do a lot of people that have overclocked for years...always throttle back down from our Max overclock for more ensured stabilty in day to day use. My Max overclock right now is about 4.9Ghz but I run 4.7Ghz day in and day out. FYI.

It was too time consuming to me trying to aim for lower cpu volts with the 4.4ghz or 4.5ghz clock, so for now I'll leave loadline set to maximum but I still want to try the other loadlines. << Well it often takes some serious trial and error to really get a setup tuned in for the best/most out of the system. I learned the most about system tweaking from testing my setups for best general performance and it did not happen overnite.

For instance I heard about Offset Vcore on Asus motherboards and gave it a try and said BS this is more trouble than it is worth. Then a few months later I did a small write-up about Offset Vcore overclocking and put it in a thread where some were tweaking for optimum day to day use. I still was not using Offset Vcore myself you have to understand but I could form the concept into words in an A, B, C manner and did. A few tried the procedure and liked the outcome. Well Crap.

Then about another 3 mos passed and I set out to see again about Offset Vcore usage and this time I followed my own previous posting about how to setup Offset Vcore use. This time after writing about how to use Asus and Offset Vcore, I did my time in the bull pen and got the deal done. You talk about "pleased". You have no idea how pleased I was to see no big temps most of the time and a fan oh so much quieter most of the time. But I did have to put the time in to learn the Asus AM3+ general use outlines and now it is just second nature to me. The signifcant time I had to invest was a one time deal because after the leaning...well it is just second nature now and the only way I would run these HOT and power consuming FX 8 core processors. As in anything of course YMMV. Luck man.

RGone...

Back