• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58A-UD3R goesnt even get to POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought this board as well. Got it on Friday. I do have the newer 2.0 revision though. got everything installed last night and all is working well. When i first put my memory modules in i put them in the 2nd 4th and 6th DIMM location and the computer would not post (i bought 3x2gb Corsair memory). Then proceeded to put them in the 1st 3rd and 5th location and all was fine (should have read them manual first!).

Since i already have windows installed i will not be returning this board. Wish me luck in the long run! :) I will also report back if i have any other problems since rev. 1.0 seemed to give people a lot of trouble.

thats strange cos my board wont run my sticks in slots 1, 3, and 5, they have to be in 2, 4 and 6.

LOL the memory controller is in your CPU not on the board anymore, so if your problem is the memory controller then your gonna have the same problem with the ASUS board im affraid.

You really should of posted before you sent the board back, when running 12gb of RAM a simple boost to the QPI/VTT voltage normally sorts the problem out, I think 1.4v QPI/VTT or there abouts is required to run 12gb of RAM, if then your gonna overclock you will need even more.

Well then Gigabytes tech support must have it wrong then, as they stated in broken english: "

Answer: Thank you.
Question - 940431
Sent : 6/29/2010 10:50
Question : Ok I will have to wait for an update to the BIOS, that's kind of what I thought. I will just buy another motherboard, thanks anyways.
Answer - 940391
Answer : Dear customer,
In this case it could be mother board still comes with old version bios, which need firmware update for onboard memory controller , please contact mother board vendor check if they can help to update bios on mother board or send mother board to our RMA service dept, they can help to update bios on mother board for you. To do that, please log on our online RMA service http://rma.gigabyte.us ,go to end-user click on add new request fill out the RMA request form click on submit, our RMA dept will assign RMA# and shipping instruction by email.

Question - 940391
Sent : 6/29/2010 07:59
Question : I tried all the memory , it's brand new, I tried corsair memory as well and it works in my other computer just fine. I cannot change the memory voltage because I cannot enter M.I.T., are you not reading what I'm telling you? How can I change memory voltage without entering the BIOS screen to CHANGE ANYTHING?
Answer - 939957
Answer : Dear customer,
Could be one of the memory was bad cause issue, disconnect all drive cable and remove all memory from mother board, take onboard cell battery out for 5 sec clear CMOS , put in single stick memory on whitte color slot close to cpu, plug in a PS2 or USB wire keyboard, check if system can boot into bios setting, reset bios to load fail-safe defaults and load optimized defaults.
Mother board bios memory voltage setting is base on 1.5v ( default voltage ), please check current model memory voltage spec (check memory module label), if memory is higher than 1.5v spec, go in bios under M/B intelligent tweaker on memory voltage control item adjust memory voltage match.
For example: current memory is 1.7v, go in bios M/B intelligent tweaker on memory voltage control item change to 1.7v.
Swap out other stick memory on same slot test again, if board still not able boot into bios setting, this can help to find out if one of the memory was not stable cause issue.
Question - 939957
Sent : 6/28/2010 09:13
Question : I cannot enter the MB intelligent tweaker (M.I.T.) in BIOS, I hit enter, the screen appears, the words *start* to fill the screen then it freezes...every...single...time, sometimes it gets further than others, but majority of the time it freezes immediately. Please help me! When is a BIOS update coming out??

I am very aware that the memory needs more voltage, but without being able to enter the M.I.T. BIOS screen where you can change settings for voltages, I was stuck in a catch 22.

As I stated before I tried changing voltages via third party software and even the included Gigabyte tuner software, but changing any settings resulted in endless POST loops.

Last edited:
that's gigashyte customer support.

the replies to your questions are prewritten cut and paste statements. i got the exact same answer when i was trying to get my gigashyte board working. even the typos are the same. its what gigashyte calls "personalized support".

i just gave up on it and bought an evga motherboard. -$225

Back