• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-Z77X-UD3H heatsink colour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neilmckee5

Registered
I am in the process of my first decent build, I have been trying to get all the parts as cheap as I can without dropping the quality of the build.

I got a ga-z77x-ud3h for a decent price, love this motherboard! My only problem is with the colour of the heatsinks. They are blue, an awesome looking blue I must add, but from the start I have wanted to keep a red theme going

I have a cooler mater cosmos S case which has red leds etc, i have ordered corsair vengance with the red heatsinks.

I am just wondering what my options are regarding the motherboard heatsinks, I cant find any replacements. Are there other types of heatsink that will fit and do the job? I really dont want to have to take them out and attempt to paint them as i will never get them looking.as good as they do new.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I dont know of any that will fit there outside of water blocks, but that is a heck of an investment for just the looks. Perhaps return the board and buy one that fits your theme is my only suggestion if you dont want to paint it.

Yea, i had looked at water cooling, and its a road i would like to go down in the future, when i learn a bit more about it..... and get some money together for it!

Thanks for the advise, i think i might just stick with them at the minute as i really like the board.

Back