• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gate A20 Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Story can be found here story.

The short of it is power went off a couple weeks back and come right back on. My one computer was fine the other wont boot. After getting a PC speaker for it i found that i was getting 6 short beeps (Gate A20 Failure).

Right now the computer consists of a Motherboard, Processor, One Stick of Ram, and video card. No harddrives, cd drive, mouse, keyboard, etc.

I swapped the ram, processor, and video card.... didn't help.

Is my mobo fried?

**EDIT**
This would be helpful:
A8N-SLI deluxe
Opty 170 (also tried 3200+)
2GB gskill ram (also tried single stick of 512)
Blue storm AX500.

Thanks for the quick response!

A quick google suggests its a motherboard issue, but I'm not sure how/if it can be fixed.

That is kind of where I am at. I read through general AMI bios documentation which said "replace keyboard controller"... but my motherboard is lacking the blinking lights that say "Keyboard controller here>>>"

unless you are/were hooked to a UPS....it sounds like a power outage with maybe a power SURGE when it came back on right away....

the SURGE is what prolly did the other unit it, some electronics are just more sensitive than others. unless you have a boat load of spare parts to swap one at a time, it will be next to impossible to chase the culprit down...

bummer....

Back