• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 8800 Ultra Confirmed: $$$$^$$$$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobious

Word going round is that the 8800 Ultra will be a single-card solution to fight R600: +600Mhz core with "faster memory" (DDR4???). More info, as well as some reviews, are expected May 1st and the current release date claim is May 15th, with an MSRP of $999 (?!?!?!?!).

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=142547
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=142588
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=142641

IMHO, that better be wrong or the price for the 8800GTX better drop like a rock.

-Mobious-

Whoa, it's going to be a beast :D. But on the other hand, it's a bit dissapointing because it's litterally more of the same :(

I think it's going to be an all out price war when the R600 hits the market.

One Bull said:
Whoa, it's going to be a beast :D. But on the other hand, it's a bit dissapointing because it's litterally more of the same :(

I think it's going to be an all out price war when the R600 hits the market.

if it ever hits the market... the r600 has been delayed so many times... im anctiously awaiting it even though i am sorta an nvidia fanboy... just because the fact that it will bring more competition... the 8800's are DOMINATING right now... i love mine!

This is all nice and such… but dang…. A cool G for an 8800ultra – that’s outta my price range. I was looking to step from my 8800gts to whatever the next single solution was from NV – but if the prices pan this way I might just be upgrading to the GTX and clocking the snot outta it (not that that wouldn’t have happened anywayz :) )

Man though, a grand… :(

At that rate I'll just be picking up a second 8800GTS/640 for some sli action and calling it a day for a while... That's just out of control.:-/

price is way too high it better make my bed, cook my meals and keep me warm at night ;)

Unless it can beat 2 r600's in Xfire, it wont be worth it (like when ATI's single card was beating out, was it 7800GTX's? in sli...)

nd4spdbh2 said:
if it ever hits the market... the r600 has been delayed so many times... im anctiously awaiting it even though i am sorta an nvidia fanboy... just because the fact that it will bring more competition... the 8800's are DOMINATING right now... i love mine!

i have to say i'm in the exact same boat as you

nd4spdbh2 said:

Of course it's coming out! It'll even come with a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever :p j/k

wow.... they just came out with the 8800gtx?

if you run those 8800ultras in sli god 2 grand could buy 3 PS3'S!!!

THEN USE 2 FOR FOLDING AND 1 FOR GAMING

8800GTX came out in November didnt they?

That was nearly half a year ago. 8800 Ultra six months down the line doesnt really seem that overwhelming. Especially considering the market before the ATI stall on the R600.

Seeing as ATI 2900 XT is to go for $400 and apparently is faster then a GTX (12k in 3k 06)........ they better be dropping that price ALOT.

Back