• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gentleman, it is time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well... Actually.. When the poll ended it was a tie, but they re-opened it I think.

Eh well... Worst case I guess I'll just mail any of my gear that you guys need to you Matt, and you guys can beat on it for me.

Sucks... Cause I really wanted to be part of it... But eh well.

They are definitely fun. Needs to be a longer freakin' trip though. I spent a total of 21 hours driving the car and probably 21 benching. That's just not a good driving to benching ratio.

They are definitely fun. Needs to be a longer freakin' trip though. I spent a total of 21 hours driving the car and probably 21 benching. That's just not a good driving to benching ratio.

Carpooling... we can do it!

Heck, I'd be willing to rent a u-haul trailer for equipment. I may need to anyways, just for MY stuff!

I just went back and looked at that thread, and I don't have a clue where I got the idea that the poll got re-opened.... I thought I had read that somewhere, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway... To answer your question. I'm going back to college for my Bachelors in CIS, and the school I go to uses an 8 week session format. Which means they cram normal 16 week sessions into 8 weeks. So it's pretty much a 7 day a week obligation with work and family stuff on top of it.

There's a SUPER small chance I could still make it, but I'd have to luck out and it be on a light work week, and not during mid-terms.

The current session that starts this coming Monday (Jan 9th) ends on March 3rd. Which is why I voted for that weekend, cause I could make sure my work was done for the session and head out with no concerns for time.

The March Session runs from March 19th to May 12th. Which puts the April Benching Party possibility date right around my Mid-Terms.

Essentially... If it's on the first weekend in March... I can make it no problem. The April date... That'd be up in the air till the week before the benching party... Which means I'd have to hope I could find a hotel and such once I got there instead of making reservations and having everything planned out.

I originally planned to leave here on Thursday to be there the day before, the weekend of, and probably the Monday after head home.

Eh well... Like I said... Just bad luck for me. :(

Carpooling... we can do it!

Heck, I'd be willing to rent a u-haul trailer for equipment. I may need to anyways, just for MY stuff!

Lol, I was carpooling. The endeavor still cost me like $300. :rolleyes:

Totally worth it though. I recommend it to anyone who is on the fence. Going out and meeting these hooligans is hilarious.

I just went back and looked at that thread, and I don't have a clue where I got the idea that the poll got re-opened.... I thought I had read that somewhere, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway... To answer your question. I'm going back to college for my Bachelors in CIS, and the school I go to uses an 8 week session format. Which means they cram normal 16 week sessions into 8 weeks. So it's pretty much a 7 day a week obligation with work and family stuff on top of it.

There's a SUPER small chance I could still make it, but I'd have to luck out and it be on a light work week, and not during mid-terms.

The current session that starts this coming Monday (Jan 9th) ends on March 3rd. Which is why I voted for that weekend, cause I could make sure my work was done for the session and head out with no concerns for time.

The March Session runs from March 19th to May 12th. Which puts the April Benching Party possibility date right around my Mid-Terms.

Essentially... If it's on the first weekend in March... I can make it no problem. The April date... That'd be up in the air till the week before the benching party... Which means I'd have to hope I could find a hotel and such once I got there instead of making reservations and having everything planned out.

I originally planned to leave here on Thursday to be there the day before, the weekend of, and probably the Monday after head home.

Eh well... Like I said... Just bad luck for me. :(
Well, I'd rather do it in March, too, if it's all the same for everyone else. Who's to say we couldn't do it again in the summer? Summer in Texas... hmmm...

Lol, I was carpooling. The endeavor still cost me like $300. :rolleyes:

Totally worth it though. I recommend it to anyone who is on the fence. Going out and meeting these hooligans is hilarious.

Well you were also driving your truck as well

@tRidiot, odds are you won't have time to do more than 2 systems (having a backup is a good idea). I brought a few with me to the Philly party and never really got a big chance to do a lot because of everything that is going on and helping/watching others etc.

I grabbed a bunch of firsts for my Quadro 600 yesterday... worth 5.2 HTPP each... gotta love those easy ones.

Bahahahahahaha! Well said. :rofl:

I also happened to get my SB ram kit today which means I can start pushing the cpu scores as well. :D

3 HWTPP from meeeeeee :rock:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2238477_

It's amazing what a tiny bit of voltage does sometimes.
Card's stock memory speed is 400MHz, it wouldn't even do 415 without instant huge artifacts. Add a tenth of a volt and PRESTO! Does 510MHz :D
Stock core volts for now, on +0.1v it does 780MHz easy, probably a lot more with better cooling and more volts, I didn't test beyond 780.
This thing has signed up for the Achilles Life.

I think so. I will see if I can beat your numbers, but I don't have a vmod...

Back