• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 990 FXA- UD7 (picture heavy)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBrat

Registered
Hi Folks, as we know here in the AMD MB forum there isn't a lot of love for Gigabyte motherboards as compared to the ASUS ones and granted Gigabyte didn't really help themselves with the UD-3 and their 5 different reversion and counting, 3 for the UD-5 but only 2 for the hardly seen UD-7. So as I was upgrading my my 6300 to an 8370 I thought I'd take a few pictures and post a few comments along the way. The main specs for the board are here (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4658#sp) so I'm not going to rehash them as finding one now is like finding a needle in a haystack and you stand a better chance of finding the needle.

I'm using the latest Bios (FDe) though it still a beta according to Gigabyte's website it has performed ok (FC is the current official one) but I must say the Bios isn't as refined as ASUS or MSi for that matter as you can see by the pics but it is functional.

View attachment M.I.T Screen.BMP,View attachment MIT Current Status.BMP,View attachment MIT Health Status (upper).BMP,View attachment MIT Health Status (lower).BMP

The M.I.T section gives you information about the system and access to the overclocking features.

View attachment Advance CPU Core Features.BMP,View attachment Advance Voltage Settings.BMP,View attachment Memory timings upper.BMP,View attachment Memory timings lower.BMP

Just some quick notes here,the Memory Section has 3 options Auto, Quick which opens the upper half for the ram timing settings and Expert which unlocks everything.It also has ram settings up to 2133.
In the M.I.T Advance Voltage Section the LLC has 7 settings though 1 isn't really necessary as it's a repeat imo, they are Auto,Normal,Regular,Medium,High,Ultra High and Extreme.

Then you have the System Info section.
View attachment System Info.BMP

Then you have the Bios Features section.
View attachment BIOS Features (upper).BMP,View attachment BIOS Features (lower).BMP

Then the Peripherals section.

View attachment Peripherals (upper).BMP,View attachment Peripherals (lower).BMP

Then the Power Management section.

View attachment Power Management.BMP

And finally the Save and Exit section.

View attachment Save and Exit.BMP

The board overall is well built with all the connections(fan headers,usb, power connection etc,) on the outside edges of the board so cable manage it nice an easy. Though it states 4 way crossfire/sli it's not really going to happen with the size of most cards today. As for overclocking it has handle the task quite well over all with my 6300 and I just started with my 8370 so we will see. Sorry for the long post

- - - Updated - - -

Currently fine tuning at 4.8..
4.8 stable.PNG Capture.PNG

Yes the UD7 would likely have been okay but here in the Usa it was nearly $30.00 Usd higher than the Asus CHV series of motherboards and as many bought the cheapest thing they could find...not much chance of them going for a $270.00 motherboard.

RGone...

Thanks for sharing cause you're right there's not much here on Giga AMD boards

I got lucky over here in Jordan at the time it came out it was roughly 220 usd and both the sabertooth and formula were higher in price..

I'm using the latest Bios (FDe) though it still a beta according to Gigabyte's website it has performed ok (FC is the current official one) but I must say the Bios isn't as refined as ASUS or MSi for that matter as you can see by the pics but it is functional.

I like to call the Gigabyte AM3+ and FM2+ bios "skeletal" or maybe "barebones" would be a better word for it.

Back