• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte AM3 Board Opinion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's a cheap Antec I wouldn't buy it.

What's your NEW budget? Obviously you're trying disparately hard to spend a lot less so what's the deal???

And if you're only getting a $60 video card you may as well use on-board video and save your money for something good later on. Better that than gimp the whole system trying to buy more than you can really afford.

$60 will buy you at least a solid 9 series nvidia card. Nothing wrong there. :shrug:

Agent Q ur funny..lol, ok to straighten things out my bros pc will have 2 mismatched sticks and I only intend on trying to possibly OC the cpu and thats really all, the ps, and the reason for it is his budget is much smaller than mine. As far as video cards go, Neither him nor myself will be spending much more than 60 on them, atleast for a while. He feels its necessary for me to start playing this wow game with him and I figured a 60 card is better than onboard video.... and Chance regarding your 9 series card, do you have a specific one in mind that you know is decent because I know nothing about the cards...I'm assuming its something like a Nvidia 9650 or something?

And you think that's worth the mis-matched RAM sticks (a 1066 and a 1333) and a cheap PSU? I guess I really am clueless.

I assumed he had a budget which was broken down among the necessary parts. Be it $60 for the video card, $x for the ram, $y for the power supply. That's how I budget my rigs. :shrug: As you can see from my rig, the video card is definitely not the most important part. In fact, it's one of the cheapest elements of my rig. When running mainly 2d benchmarks with sub-zero temperatures, great timed ram and a power supply capable of feeding a quad core at 1.8v are much more important than a powerful gpu.

Edit: To Big, I was referring to a 9800gt, or similar card (8800gt/gts/gtx) since they all basically use the same gpu. These cards can be had for much less than $60 even if you buy used and from the classifieds.

I assumed he had a budget which was broken down among the necessary parts. Be it $60 for the video card, $x for the ram, $y for the power supply. That's how I budget my rigs. :shrug: As you can see from my rig, the video card is definitely not the most important part. In fact, it's one of the cheapest elements of my rig. When running mainly 2d benchmarks with sub-zero temperatures, great timed ram and a power supply capable of feeding a quad core at 1.8v are much more important than a powerful gpu.
I guess you deal with what you've got. I wouldn't get too cheap on the PSU but you're right, RAM doesn't really matter all that much as long as there's enough of it.

Easy kids lol.... I remember when I used to see video cards that were 100 dollars and I thought that was crazy....now looking at todays cards; amazing!

Back