• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 - Black Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just an little update from my side one month after.
The Mobo is working great. Updated the bios and had no problems with it after I got it up and running.

@WarHippy
What temp are you getting with the FX8150/Corsair H80 cpu Cooler ?
I did order a Cooler Master V8 for the FX8150 but today I got the msg. that they was out of stock and wouldn't get any new ones. Run the stock cooler at the moment and get around 62-63c under heavy load / Normal load it's around 24-27c at 3600MHz.

Last edited:
Just an little update from my side one month after.
The Mobo is working great. Updated the bios and had no problems with it after I got it up and running.

@WarHippy
What temp are you getting with the FX8150/Corsair H80 cpu Cooler ?
I did order a Cooler Master V8 for the FX8150 but today I got the msg. that they was out of stock and wouldn't get any new ones. Run the stock cooler at the moment and get around 62-63c under heavy load / Normal load it's around 24-27c at 3600MHz.

I slowed my cpu back down to around 4450 MHz, that seems to be the sweet spot with this m-board. At idle, the cpu is steady between 19 and 22c, under full load running prime 95, it's never gone above 58c. When I had the cpu running faster, I didn't see any improvement in the video benchmarks that I ran, worth burning up my cpu for. I even tried plugging the monitor directly into the motherboard, as was suggested earlier:rolleyes:
Thermaltake was the brand of my first water cooled cpu system, when liquid cooling first became popular, big clunky orange radiator and fan, and a fish tank coolant pump, fastened to the case with MAGNETS, and a coolant reservoir zip tied to the back of the case. The new systems are awesome though, mount em and forget em.

Last edited:
Thx for the reply. Think I'm getting a Corsair H80 or H100. The room temp goes rocket high with a GTX 560 running at 70c and a FX8150 running at 60-64c on Battlefield3. xD

Thx for the reply. Think I'm getting a Corsair H80 or H100. The room temp goes rocket high with a GTX 560 running at 70c and a FX8150 running at 60-64c on Battlefield3. xD

If you decide on a corsair system, make sure, if possible, that your case has enough clearance to mount it. Corsair is less than honest with their compatibility advice. They have pictures demonstrating the H100 being mounted in their 400R case. When I tried the same combination, the heat sinks on the motherboard interfered, and when I looked at the pictures that were on Corsair's website, the 400R was in the first pic, but was replaced by their most expensive case, the 800D, to show enough room to mount the radiator. But Corsair doesn't tell you they are using a different case, even though they know of the issue with the 400R case. BUYER BEWARE!!!

but was replaced by their most expensive case, the 800D, to show enough room to mount the radiator. But Corsair doesn't tell you they are using a different case, even though they know of the issue with the 400R case. BUYER BEWARE!!!

That does not sound nice at all. It takes enough planning to get even a mini-loop in and have it perform very well, but starting to show pics on a company website and swapping cases in the middle of the picture taking is pretty darn crappy business practice.

If you decide on a corsair system, make sure, if possible, that your case has enough clearance to mount it. Corsair is less than honest with their compatibility advice. They have pictures demonstrating the H100 being mounted in their 400R case. When I tried the same combination, the heat sinks on the motherboard interfered, and when I looked at the pictures that were on Corsair's website, the 400R was in the first pic, but was replaced by their most expensive case, the 800D, to show enough room to mount the radiator. But Corsair doesn't tell you they are using a different case, even though they know of the issue with the 400R case. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Think I will go for the H80. Tried to messure and it seem to fit in my tower.
And I like this tower to much to change it out. :D

Tower: CM Storm Scout Midi Tower

You may also want to consider the ThermalTake Pro W/C. I got one a month or so ago during a blowout sale on Newegg for $73 (regularly ~$120) and I am really happy with it.

Did finaly end up with a Corsair H100. Just running the CPU at stock. After also chaning the gpu (The GTX 560 Ti generate ALOT of heat) I run more or less steady at 16-22c.
The cooler was mounted outside the Midi Tower. :D

1.do not trust the core temp readings until you go near 45C.
2.be aware that if it`s a Rev3 board you will have throttling issues when overclocking because of APM.
3.in the bios you do not have the option to disable the APM not even on the latest FC version(Rev3 board).
4. dont be scared if it double boots they do that sometimes. you turn it on ,it turnes itself off then 10-15sec later on again.
5. make sure you have air movement over the VRM and NB heatsink, they are really bad at cooling and need as much air as they can get.

Back