• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixter

Hi. So I am setting up my first ever custom water cooling loop. I have a non-reference Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB video card. I found this German company that just made a water block for the 2GB version here: https://www.liquidextasy.de/index.p...egory_id=47&virtuemart_product_id=262&Itemid=

So I am just wondering if this would fit on my card. Would I only have to place an extra thermal pad on the extra 2GB memory or would it not even fit at all?

It likely won't fit. The config is a lot different than reference.

This water block from this company is made for the non-reference Gigabyte card, so it's exactly like mine except that mine has 2gb extra of vram

Understood. Email the company to make sure. I'm betting not though.

Look at the base of that heatsink and see if there is coverage and other power bits in the way.

Understood. Email the company to make sure. I'm betting not though.

Yeah I did, I'm just waiting on a reply. Just wanted to be certain about it maybe run into someone who has done something similar, I read somewhere in a forum that it would be okay to use the 4gb card on a 2gb block you just have to add another thermal pad for the extra 2gb.

Back