• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE GIGABYTE Hosts X99 Champion Challenge on HWBOT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

If you own a GIGABYTE X99 series motherboard, there is an opportunity to win some great cash and hardware prizes during the month of May. A total of $2800 cash and three X99 motherboards will be awarded to the contest and lucky draw winners. Here is the press release we were sent today, which includes a link to the official contest rules. Get your overclock on and see if you have what it takes to bring home some cash!
Click here to view the article.

Next "great" competition. To have a chance to win a X99 board or some money you have to buy $300 ( in EU count $500 ) motherboard. Still most guys who already have X99 SOC boards and count in most competitions are actually sponsored.

Even though X99 SOC look great and OC results are pretty good then I'm not convinced to get one after 5 RMA for Z87/Z97 SOC. Right now Z97 SOC is in RMA.
Generally I have nothing to Gigabyte as their boards are still much more solid than MSI. It's more that these hwbot competitions are just marketing actions, nothing else. The same ASUS or MSI are doing ... buy Z97/X99 board or high end graphics card to have a chance to win the same stuff ...

Last edited:
don't compete in competitions personally as I do agree they are simply trying to sell their stuff

I like open any hardware so the bot is where I compete, I do not need any sideline BS to compete

You don't have to use a SOC board, any X99 GIGABYTE board qualifies. The video card needs to be a GT 730, which hardly classifies as a high-end card. :)

Back