• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte MA790GX **** board users inside..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Short_CirktZ

Registered
I'm running a Gigabyte MA 790GX-DS4H board.... If your system doesn't like a certain OC setting, how often are you resetting the CMOS when clocking the system??

My Asus M4A78 Pro board I had was fine with it, I just hold reset for 5 seconds and it'll post again if it didn't post previously due to a bad setting.. This board has to be manually reset, seems like every time it doesn't like something.. I got tired of trying to hit 4.0g w my rig in Sig because of that. Heck, it won't even boot 3.8... Came darn close tho! But I'm also running Win7 Ultimate now, so the 64b isn't helping.

I'd get the NB mult up to about 14x and 1.375v and no post (HT @ 1g).. Tried shutting it off and unplugging it for a couple minutes, no go.. Gotta reset the board. If it doesn't like RAM settings at 800 mhz at a certain clock, no POST... Gotta reset.. -I keep it under 800.. I tried RAM timings at 4-4-4-12 and no post.. :bang head Gotta Reset.. Stock OCZ Reaper is 5-5-5-18 on the board.

It's just really annoying having to reset the board so frequently.. Normal?

Last edited:
^ Wait a minute! I got an extra reset case switch hanging around I can use.. :D

It was the NB mult last night.. Set it to 13x, V @ 1.325, and no post.. I've got a fan sittting on my gfx car pointed right at my NB heatsink, so I really don't think it was overheating.

Back