• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGTR312

Registered
Has anyone dealt with Gigabytes RMA's. I sent my motherboard to them a couple weeks ago and I got a email today stating their sending it back. But they failed to mention if they fixed the issue or if their sending me a new board or a refurbished one. What should I expect?

I haven't personally dealt with Gigabyte's service, but most companies will send refurbished hardware back. The only company I've worked with that has not done this was Corsair. I've sent them back a few power supplies and they always have sent me new in box units. Usually upgrades ones, at that.

I have had two motherboard RMA's with Gigabyte and they sent me back the same boards working, however my issues were bios.

Post back how the RMA goes.

I haven't personally dealt with Gigabyte's service, but most companies will send refurbished hardware back. The only company I've worked with that has not done this was Corsair. I've sent them back a few power supplies and they always have sent me new in box units. Usually upgrades ones, at that.

I hope I get a NIB. :D

I have had two motherboard RMA's with Gigabyte and they sent me back the same boards working, however my issues were bios.

Post back how the RMA goes.

Yup, I sure will.

I called UPS to confirm the shipping. They sent it via UPS using UPS Standard shipping method. It's going to take 8 days, It getting shipped from California to Ontario. So far my expenses are $35 to ship it there and $11 to clear customs, a total of $46. Also UPS stated that Gigabyte valued the package a $20, I'm guessing this is how much the repair costs them.

They don't tell you much of anything. Both times I did it they just said they were sending it back, not what was wrong.
So far I've done it twice, they repaired one board and replaced the other. Neither came back with a new retail box.

I got to say, not the best costumer service. I got hung up on the first time I called. Second time I couldn't hear the agent. I asked him about my RMA status he did say there was bent CPU pins in the CPU socket that they repaired, so I will be getting back my original board. Anyway, I can't wait to get it back, my computer is a mess right now. I will keep you guys posted if anything else comes up.

Back