• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z370 HD3 enjoying a good overclocking experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi wingman99! I think that the best option is Dynamic (I guess)... At this moment i have my 8700K with a Turbo frequency of 4.3ghz all cores (yes, I know I can have all of them in 4.7ghz, but I don't really use that much and I think is better to decrease temperatures) with a fixed voltage of 1.170v. If you can show me how to use the dynamic voltage will be great!

If your going to run 4.3GHz just run optimized default BIOS only changing XMP for the memory. It will turbo at 4.3GHz on all cores.

Yeah, 4.3 ghz is stock bud. Enable XMP flr the memory like wingy said, done. :)

I dont get this run cooler thing. People need to understand the chip is good to 100c before it throttles. We tell people to keep it under 90c while stress testing which pits games and such ~20° cooler...plenty of temp headroom.

I can stabilize my [email protected] using this:
C7Cu_pht11.jpg
... as long as voltage is up to ~1.15V :) ... load max is 90-92°C in F@H (somehow it heats up this CPU more than Prime95), in games ~55-60°C, in some other tests up to 80°C. I keep it @4.5GHz 1,1V with RAM @4.5GHz and cache @4.2GHz closed in ITX box.

Max in XTU (~17h test) was ~80°C and it bases on Prime95, the latest Prime95 small fft (~2h) was about ~90°C, AIDA64 (~2h) was about the same as Prime95, F@H (8h+) was ~95°C
I was a bit surprised as usually new Prime95 is heating up the CPU the most. On Ryzen I have higher temps in AIDA64 than in Prime95 but I wasn't checking F@H.

Anyway, mentioned cooler is designed for 115W TDP, has size of about stock Intel cooler and supports i7 so I guess it's really good result if anyone is building small PC for gaming or other things.

Max in XTU (~17h test) was ~80°C and it bases on Prime95, the latest Prime95 small fft (~2h) was about ~90°C, AIDA64 (~2h) was about the same as Prime95, F@H (8h+) was ~95°C
I was a bit surprised as usually new Prime95 is heating up the CPU the most. On Ryzen I have higher temps in AIDA64 than in Prime95 but I wasn't checking F@H.

Anyway, mentioned cooler is designed for 115W TDP, has size of about stock Intel cooler and supports i7 so I guess it's really good result if anyone is building small PC for gaming or other things.

What prime95 version were you using? Does F@H normally run hotter than Prime95 with better cooling?

I had similar good experience with two Gigabyte Z370P D3 motherboards running an i5-8600K and an i7-8700K at 5 GHz. After I sold the first as a part of a combo with the i5-8600K, I couldn't resist buying another a few weeks later when Newegg had them on sale for $89. That one is currently running my i7-8700K @ 5 GHz.

Morning mate, would you please post some more details how you've achieved 5ghz with this mobo. ( with 8700k ) cheers

Need help

I have been using my low budget Gigabyte Z370 HD3 for two weeks and have given it a proper shake down without any trouble. I have my i5 8600k clocked to 5.0GHz using DVID+0.060v all other settings on AUTO. My G.SKill 3200 14-14-14-34 memory is overclocked to 3600 15-15-15-35 with using XMP, memory mutiplier, and primary timings the rest on AUTO.

I tried memory OC 4000 CL 18 for the fun of it and the board has a cool feature when it can't post it will train down the ram speed while post cycling that I could see with the lights and fan going off and on every step down, then it settled at 3600 speed and booted into windows. I did not give up on memory overclocking so I tried 3866 18-19-19-39 and it posted and booted into memtest86 with running errors. So I tired 3733 17-17-17-37 and it was getting errors in memtest86, so I worked with that speed for a week with reasonable voltages and timings without successes, then settled for 3600 15-15-15-35.

What I really like about the motherboard is the intuitive BIOS and the backup BIOS. When I was hammering BIOS for a week with saving settings using unstable memory setup prior, two times the back up BIOS kicked in during post while trying the same memory speed and timings, just a lot of voltage changes. So my BIOS was corrupted a couple of times. Usually if my CMOS settings won't allow a post, it jumps to failed post screen with the option to boot with default setup or enter BIOS setup and make changes to the previous settings.

For a low budget motherboard us$114.00 I'm really impressed and it has all the features I want or need.

View attachment 197839

I reset my z370p d3 to defaults and when I went to dvid I can’t change it , it’s in grey color.

Back