• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED gigabyte z370p-d3 beep codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
bought a gigabyte z370 board and cpu kit from the classies.
after a bit I have gotten a chance to put it together.
pulled out an am3+ kit that was working just fine, including the gpus.
toss in the z370 kit and I get a single, long, repeating beep code, no post beep.
gigabyte, being gigabyte there is no help in the manual.
I seem to remember the pee, pee poor manuals to be the reason I quit using anything gigabyte and by the same token I seem to remember that a single, long, repeating beep before post is gpu.
so I changed gpu slot, no change.
pulled a 980 out of my game rig to test, no change.
test the first card in the game rig and it works fine.
any ideas on the beep code?

Last edited:
yep, one bad stick, guess I need to see corsairs policy, thanks Mr. scott.

asus gives the beep codes in the manual troubleshooting section, gigabyte lack even a troubleshooting section.

Beep codes are by bios type, not vendor, i believe. AMI bios has a code list, AWARD as well. Just need to know which bios you are using and can easily find info. Though, it woumd be helpful if it was in the manual, i get that.

their hardware tends to be good, heck I've got an old 760 I still use and the thing just runs forever, just documentation is real sparse.

this is my first z370, with all my 990fx boards asus has a large trouble shooting section.

My Phanteks didn't. I got 10 from Amazon for $7, so I'm happy. When I acquire a mobo now (Which I seem to be doing lately. Up to 7 now.) I just plug one in it and forget it.

I would. It's been a time saver for me. Not getting the "VGA" recognized beep before it doesn't post told me where a problem was. And not all my boards have a debug LED. Maybe two of the seven.

This is why all mine have them. So I don't have to spend a few bucks installing troubleshooting tools from the 90s and listening to annoying POST beeps in the first place. :p

I like the beep codes better, you don't have to look inside the case during post problems or after setting up the PC and there is a problem. Also the like Alaric said the post beep is comforting and I know when to start mashing the DEL key to get into BIOS setup.

Last edited:
I haven't needed it in years. I havent had a closed case in years (debug led in plain site). As far as hitting delete key to get into the bios, look at the keyboard... when it lights up, start mashing.

Edit:. Also, my pcs dont really bork frequently in the first place. So when it wss inside a case, it didnt really matter i needed to see what the code was... id just look inside. :)

To each their own... but, that thing just irks me on a home system.

Last edited:
Back