• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0] - Troubleshooting steps for no power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crockdaddy

Hello all,

Short story, I booted up this morning and no power.

1. I replaced the existing 550 Watt PSU with a new 600 watt PSU assuming my PSU was the issue. Still no power.

2. I removed the board from the case, disconnected everything but Ram / CPU. I hooked the PSU up and attempted to power up. Still no power.

3. Would I be safe in assuming at this point that likely my motherboard has failed?

I have quite a few years of hardware experience but have been in the management role for a while now. I thought I would check with you guys to validate my thoughts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you utilized the onboard voltage read points, i.e., used a MM to check if any voltage is available after power up? Also, did you enable the 3D Power utility? If so, had you made any adjustments to it? Any BIOS updates or utility software updates that could have skewed your power setup?

I don't have a MM (multi meter) to test with. I did not over clock nor did I use the 3D power utility. I have not performed any bios updates. Both PSU's I have used I was able to verify they work on my older system. I should add, I did not overclock any component of my system and it has been running fine for the last several months just being used as my Hyper-V server and occasional gaming machine.

Did you try any other component swaps (if available) such as RAM, CPU to check that those aren't the culprits? Like you, it would seem to be the MB if no power gets through the board using two good PSUs.

Got your receipt handy?

Any lights on the motherboard at all? When you hit the power button do the fans even blip lights flicker or just plain old DEAD?

When I hit the switch, just plain ole dead. No blips. No fan stutter. Nothing. Not even a light. I stripped the board down to nothing and still no power of any type. I do have the receipt handy. If it is the CMOS ... I would hope / assume this will fall under warranty coverage.

Thanks for the help / opinion guys.

Back