• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte z87x d3h cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

haven't had alot of time to look after buying my new setup so please help if you would... new setup is gigabyte z87x d3h with a 4670k intel chip. need a cpu cooler for it and plan on OCing it a little bit and want something that can control it but don't know what fits and what don't... so some recommendations would be great... tyvm in advance

wow 3 days 53 views and not even a peep? I have looked up some info. Not a lot out there available.. I see that Noctua offers a solution and yes they are great for air cooling but is there any other choices out there.. I figure if I was to spend $80 on a air cooler then I might as well spend $120 and get a water cooling solution that would do way better...

Arc Midi R2 Mid-Tower is the tower I will be using and the gigabyte MB along with a corsair 750w PSU and a 560 ti classified 1148core gpu with 8gb of mem.

I would get the Noctua NH-D14 if it'll fit in your case.
Also make sure your RAM will fit under it.

In an ARC Midi ...
-XSPC D5 kit (or 750 if you must)
-Swiftech/Coolermaster H220/H320 or Glacer 240L/360L
-NZXT Kraken X60 - with some brute force :)
-Corsair H100/H110
- several air coolers like CM 212 Evo

NZXT Kraken X60 is what I chose and hopefully I wont regret it.... tyvm will post pics in about a week or so once I get all the parts here and built...

No, the kraken X60 being a 140.2 (280 mm) rad limits the how & where to fit.
If you put it in front, then you only need to get rid of the HD cage. If you want to fit it in the roof it might need some "convincing". Its not an easy "drop-in", a pair of pliers or an hacksaw might be needed. :)

I fitted an X60 in the roof of my Arc R1 , but i needed to make the top 5.25 OD drive cage a bit wider, so i had to bend the side of that cage a bit. I've seen others cut out the offending part.

It's not much that was in the way.. like 1.5 cm which needed to be like 8 mm "wider". I *think* this was corrected in the R2.
More info should be available here: http://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/0_20

thanks for the read!

http://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/5600#post_19034130
post 5609

not sure what way would be better at the top or in the front.. only use one ssd for OS and one hd for the rest so they will go behind the MB out of sight and cages will be removed.. as long as i can fit one dvd-rw drive in the bay Im good as that's all I have ever needed..
thank you for the warning and the concern though.

Last edited:
Just so everyone is aware! if you get the kraken x60 it fits up top NO problems at all!! I just mounted mine and have NO FITMENT issues at all... It's tight but no cutting no bending or anything at all.. dont know about with a drive bay installed yet but i seriously dont see a issue at all with using them.

Back