• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force vs ASUS Z97 Sabertooth mark 1 or 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaaa1976

Registered
I want replace GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force with ASUS Z97 Sabertooth
I think bios is more easy with ASUS and I like color of Sabertooth.
Will ASUS Z97 Sabertooth support Dominator® Platinum 1.5V 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit ?(CMD16GX3M4A2133C9) ..because I already have this memory kit 4x4..
I would also like to upgrade later for broadwell cpu.
Im use computer for web browsing,gaming and lite video editing.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Changing board won't give you anything except chance to upgrade to broadwell while full functionality isn't even confirmed as we haven't seen these chips yet. There is also a chance that you will see 100 series chipsets when broadwell will be released.

Your memory is fine for any Z97 motherboard.

Changing board won't give you anything except chance to upgrade to broadwell while full functionality isn't even confirmed as we haven't seen these chips yet. There is also a chance that you will see 100 series chipsets when broadwell will be released.

Your memory is fine for any Z97 motherboard.

I see sabertooth Z97 support 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333 MHz
will 2133Mhz corsair memory work with this speed on this motherboard?

Waste of money alarm activated!

Jaaa1976-- seriously, no point changing your motherboard. You will gain nothing. You have a high end motherboard as it is. The only thing going to Z97 will give you is (possibly) compatibility with Broadwell. However, there is a 99% chance that Intel will come out with Z107 or something at the same time as Broadwell is released. Example- Ivy bridge was compatible with Z68 just like Sandy bridge was, but that doesn't mean Ivy bridge didn't get it's own chipset (Z77).

If you just want to change boards because you think ASUS' bios is easier to work with, that's just silly IMO. The bios on your board may be laid out and worded differently but it's no "worse/better" than the ASUS one is going to be.

Keep what you have, wait for Broadwell and it's chipset. At that point you can sell your current stuff and pick up the new stuff.

Yes your RAM will work in the Sabretooth Z97, but don't buy it. Waste of $$.

Back