• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good cooling solution under $50.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wispcx

Hello. I am looking for a good budget fan for my AMD FX-3600. I am fairly new with PC parts. I am using the stock fan currently and I changed the fan speed to 55% (when I changed it) from 25% (stock). I have not overclocked, so my CPU is clocked at 3.5GHz (stock). My minimum speed for just browsing the internet and having things open like Discord, Chrome, Afterburner, etc, is 35C and my max is 60C. I am looking to lower that. I'm trying to be very catious about my PC parts and my PC to not ruin it. I'm also looking for a fan that could handle me overclocking my CPU just a bit.

Thanks!

Hello. I am looking for a good budget fan for my AMD FX-3600. I am fairly new with PC parts. I am using the stock fan currently and I changed the fan speed to 55% (when I changed it) from 25% (stock). I have not overclocked, so my CPU is clocked at 3.5GHz (stock). My minimum speed for just browsing the internet and having things open like Discord, Chrome, Afterburner, etc, is 35C and my max is 60C. I am looking to lower that. I'm trying to be very catious about my PC parts and my PC to not ruin it. I'm also looking for a fan that could handle me overclocking my CPU just a bit.

Thanks!

I'm going to assume that FX-3600 is a typo and you meant to say FX-6300 :)
As for a cooler, take a look at Neptwin V2

Indeed... love my 120 Ultra. Still kicking those high temps all these years later.

I hear you! The last time I used my Ultra 120 Extreme I was running my x5690 at 4200-4400mhz, not too shabby at all. But that was like five or six years ago now..

This Friday I am ordering a universal bolt thru kit so I can use it again, I managed to lose the backplate and a screw during a move. I am also strongly considering ordering True Spirit 140 Power, because its good, its sexy, and its smaller thean my Le Grand Macho, and cools just as well. I have a hyper 212 Evo on my x5690, and maybe I did something wrong, but it can barely handle it at stock clocks. I want to test both of those Thermalright coolers on my 3770k and x5690. As for the ultra120 extreme, I will probably use it to resurrect my rampage formula x48 :p That x3360 hangs with stock first gen i5s when its running at 4ghz :D

We haven't heard from the OP since he created the thread. I'm guessing he lost interest or has already made his decision.

Running my Fx 6300 at 4.6 13 hours a day 7 days a week with my True 120 extreme, on it as we speak. :thup:

We haven't heard from the OP since he created the thread. I'm guessing he lost interest or has already made his decision.
+1 i feel used. haha
TRUE Spirit 140 Power <--my new performance air solution. altho i think the word has gotten out on how well it performs vs the monsters.

It actually does perform pretty well. As well as my Le Grand Macho RT. But, I am running dual fans so its a bit louder when its loaded.. I put LGMRT on my xeon, to replace the 212 evo I had on it earlier. Massive difference.

Back