• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goozex: Free game for sign-up (free shipping) -- Expires April 30, 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

http://www.goozex.com/

Thought this was a hot little deal for my gamers out there. Just sign up, and choose a game worth 100 points. Games are used, but free is free, right?

Goozex.com, the video game trading company, is giving away bonuses to new members that register during the month of April. The bonus gives 100 Goozex points and 1 trade credit to new members, and allows to receive a free video game from the Goozex member network.

To receive the free bonus:
- Activate your account (confirm email)

No credit card, no monthly fees required. Double accounts or multiple accounts from the same household disqualify you.

To request your game:
- Search for all games available for 100 points under the "Available" category
- Or, use the advanced search feature for all "Available" games priced at 100 points.

Goozex will also give 200 points after your first successful trade. You can get total of 3 games for free.

Here are some good games that are 100 points

PC:
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Command & Conquer
Diablo II
Doom 3
Call of Duty 2
Quake 4
Star Wars Battlefront II
StarCraft
Hitman
Unreal Tournament 2004
battlefield 1942

PS2:
Grand Theft Auto III
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Gran Turismo 4
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando Okami
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Devil May Cry
Jak II
Jak 3
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dark Cloud
Killzone
Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica X

Xbox
Halo
Jade Empire (Limited Edition)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Forza Motorsport
Counter-Strike
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Fuzion Frenzy
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Far Cry Instincts
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Enjoy.

I've been using Goozex for about 10 months now. It's a great service as long as you are patient. It usually takes about a week for a game to arrive, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. Since there are so few places that you can trade PC games, it's kind of one of the only places you can do it. For console games you get a lot better value for your dollar than taking everything down to Gamespot.

On the down side, you often have to wait a really long time for new releases to come available. But that said, it's a great component to a 'cheap' gamer's shopping options.

You just sign up for whatever game that you want, and whoever has it will send it to you. I requested a game @ 0400, and I got an email this morning stating that "it's on it's way" already.

I've used this service in the past and it's been excellent. I only purchase used games anyway so that wasn't a problem. Come to think of it, I initially joined under a "one free game" sign-up bonus as well so this might be an ongoing thing. There's some great "bargains" to be had, given how its more about the games than the money.

Is it still the deal where you get 100 points AFTER your first trade?

I can't get anyone to take any of the games I have on there and I keep getting picked for the games I requested....sucks.

Great find and looks like a good service. Thanks for the heads up. I will be using for more then just the 100 points.

Only newer system games, no love for the old stuff like SNES and N64. Wii is the only new system I have, and all their games are 'spensive :(

Thanks for the link, I signed up.

Sadly, Gran Turismo 4 is 200 points now. I don't know if the amount of points needed for it just increased or what. That sucks though, I was really looking forward to trying that game out.

What other games are good? And how do I get another 100 points for Gran Turismo? Do I have to buy them, or send them an old game worth at least 100 points?

Signed-up just now and got the 100 points just fine. Debating on whether I should get Soul Calibur 2 or another copy of GTA III...

...think I'll go for Soul Calibur 2. It'll be a while before I get another 360 to play my Xbox version on.

Basically what happens is you put all your games you want on a list and all the games you are willing to trade on a list. Then you get tons of emails saying you have no points and passed on a trade that was available to you. All the while you'll sit there and watch your games available say "Long Wait" and they just drop in point value while nobody takes them.

Kind of frustrating if you ask me.

Some of the good games for PC at 100 points are now 150...

Battlefeild 2
UT2K4
Diablo II

The games I signed up for are 150 pts :p

However I got SWAT4 :]

Back