• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got 2X256mB mushkin black lvl2... want more mb, what should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Its in the title again.

Basically i got 2X256mb mushkin black lvl2 ram and i now decided that i need more ram than that, at least 768mb (another stick)

But what ram can i get that will play nicely with my current sticks and also do high FSB's (240+) at 2-2-2-2-11 timings?

And if i Must get another 256mb lvl2 stick, where the hell would anyone sell me a single stick and not two?

If you want to go with another stick of Level II, then ebay is probably your best bet at this point. Unfortunately, the prices for Level II on ebay are out of this world to say the least (I saw a 1GB set go for close to $1000 one time) You could always post something in the classifieds and see if anyone responds.

As for sticks that can do those kinds of FSB's and timings, you are very limited in your selection. You would need either some OCZ Platinum Limited Edition or Mushkin 2-2-2 Special (both with BH6 chips). After that, you might be able to find an older stick of BH5 (XMS, HyperX, and the like). Other than that, there arent any other modules that will be able to do those kinds of FSB's and timings when combined.

I recommend the Mushkin Special PC3200 with BH6 chips. I have 1GB and they are doing exactly the same with the Level2 PC3500.
Also , all my friends with the Special are very pleased .

Personally , i would try to avoid BH5 as the latest batches are a little bit strange ... I tried 3 dual channel kits from Mushkin and Corsair , all with BH5 chips , and the had problems above 3.0 Volts .

BH6 seems to like voltage a lot ! :D

Someone is selling a single stick of 512 MB Mushkin PC3500 level 2 in the overclockers classified ads.

Back