• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got another Asus A7N8X Delux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea!! I knowhow you feel!! My comp booted ONCE, gave me a warning New Cpu installed , and after i checkedout the bios for about 6 or 7 minutes (not changing anything) i rebooted and nothing! No Postbeeps, no nothing just a blank screen(led remained orange not green), case and cpu fans running fine. SOO i cleared the bios/crlrtc jumper( following the instuctions in the manual) rebooted and nothing. I removed the heatsink from my xp 1800, and sanded/resurfaced it on the flattest piece of plexiglass i have for a case project(for like an hour or so),had a friend apply an amount of artic silveron the NOW mirrored surface, and TADA !!! NOTHING! NOT one frikkin thing!! So i ended up RMA ing it back to newegg, and after reading some of these otherposts here im worried........

Hey Huan, you may want to check your motherboard standoffs. I had this same problem last year. I thought the motherboard would be better supported if I put all the motherboard standoffs into every open hole on the mobo tray. Well long story (3 months of hell!) short, it was shorting out the board. The problem occurred when I tested different motherboards in the case. Well I finally fixed the problem and it still works fine. So the moral of the story is, ONLY put in the necessary mobo standoffs! Hope I'm not too late.

I had that problem too and I found I had a standoff where there wasnt supposed to be one and it cured the problem.

And if you call the Newegg people they will remove the restocking charge. They have told me twice that it is standard with online RMA's. I got a Gainward FX 5600 Ultra 256MB with dual DVI outs that Riva Tuner said was running at 54 and 100 clocks so I returned it and told them I didn't want another. I found that it was false advertising and that there are no Ultras in 256Mb. They will return your 15% if you call and ask! I just love NewEgg!

Ya know, Newegg has been reallly cool with my rma's as well, and i did finally get the board back and tried the whole use only 6 or so stand offs to prevent a possible short trick and it worked. Im not sure if that was the problem, Newegg would not tell me what was wrong with the mobo anyway, but it works like a champ now. I even have a whole new board, double the amount of ribbon cables and everythhing! HeeHEE! Thanks Newegg!

Huan said:
Yeah, I have a amd 1700 xp cpu,.. still same result though. I'm supposed to use all metal stand offs and screwes to mount the boards still aren't I? I'm just out of ideas really to try. I'd hate to just have to return the board for a refund after RMAing one already... If i have a bad stick of memory, could that also prevent it from booting? or would that at least get me a beep of some sort? Still no beeps at all from this thing.

The 2500+ runs on 333fsb I believe.. then you would need atleast 2700.... going 266-333 can be a bit on some 2100....:( thats exactly why I bought 3200 :D

Back