• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got another CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD. New PSU is on its way.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

I finally caved on my PSU, a 7-8 year-old Kingwin LZG 850. Bought one of these: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y8...ed-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0650

Price is lowest it's been in a while at least.

HOPEFULLY, the new PSU will remedy this issue, as 9/10 times it is due to a PSU. 1/10 It is CPU itself is bad. I have a multimeter and will be testing the rails thoroughly after the new psu is in, and will be listing the old PSU here in the classifieds for you benchers to abuse later this month if it passes the tests.

I staved off the BSODs a bit by dropping the Overclocked CPU(@4.5 GHz) to stock(With All core turbo on) and dropping my ram speeds from 3000 to 2666. This lowered the frequency of the bsods, but not eliminated.

If the issue persists, I'm going to be in the market for a new CPU/mobo(hopefully not, I can't really afford good ones atm)

Back