• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gpu overheating problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gaffel123

Registered
I'm having problems with my gpu(ati hd radeon 5850) overheating while gaming, unless the fan speed is at 100% the temperature goes up to 100C and shuts off, i didnt have this problem less than a year ago.

I did vacuum it a couple of times but it didnt help. What do you think the problem is? Is my gpu scrapped?

I would try removing the heatsink, cleaning off the old thermal paste, reapplying the new, and see if that helps.

I changed the thermal paste just a few days ago, didnt help at all

Is the fan spinning as it should and ramping up?

Thought about an aftermarket cooler for the GPU?

Yea the fan is spinning just fine.

Dont know much about about aftermarket cooler. Could you recommend one that would fit on my GPU?

gaffel I have a 5850 with an ARctic Accelero Extreme III on it, it dropped my temps 20c under load. It is really big though so make sure your case will fit it or get a smaller cooler such as the Accelero twin turbo II which will cool the GPU almost as well. http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/assistant/vga/chip/8

Back